bigbad

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Any plans for the upcoming break? I've been off this week for Thanksgiving and I started thinking about what I'm going to do over my next break. I always end up getting bored over the holidays. It's nice taking a break from school and hanging out with friends from home but it gets old fast every time.

I'm doing a short mission trip but after that I'll be completely free with nothing to occupy my time. What do you guys usually do between quarters/semesters besides hang around with friends/family?

I'm almost starting to dread it :eek:

inb4 typical loser premed, OP can't inb4, etc.

Jul 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Getting my tonsils removed
Packing for my move to the dorms (transferring)
Lots of sex
Lots of sleep

OP
bigbad

bigbad

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Getting my tonsils removed
Packing for my move to the dorms (transferring)
Lots of sex
Lots of sleep
So did you transfer to another school for winter quarter?

I didn't know that was possible, I thought junior(?) transfers were only done during the start of the academic year.

Have fun with the other two ;)

Jul 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Medical
So did you transfer to another school for winter quarter?

I didn't know that was possible, I thought junior(?) transfers were only done during the start of the academic year.

Have fun with the other two ;)
Yeah, I'm transferring to the University of Washington. In Washington you can transfer to just about any school at the start of any quarter/semester.

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
Any plans for the upcoming break? I've been off this week for Thanksgiving and I started thinking about what I'm going to do over my next break. I always end up getting bored over the holidays. It's nice taking a break from school and hanging out with friends from home but it gets old fast every time.

I'm doing a short mission trip but after that I'll be completely free with nothing to occupy my time. What do you guys usually do between quarters/semesters besides hang around with friends/family?

I'm almost starting to dread it :eek:

inb4 typical loser premed, OP can't inb4, etc.
1 class about europeans, research like a bawss.

Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
- Sleep.
- Load up on EC hours.
- Try not to waste time on SDN.

Am I ambitious enough to do some deep LT retention on Gen Chem? Probably not. Fingers crossed. :laugh:

Nov 3, 2010
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Friends, family & kick a** new years.

Otherwise, read things that entertain for once, bourbon, & practice second language I seem to have plateaued.

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Debating over whether or not I should take a 3-week course on logic.

OP
bigbad

bigbad

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
haha also I was about to say that OP can't inb4, but then I realized that you inb4'd me on that one too. +pissed+
One step ahead, all the time :D

A lot of you said you're taking short classes. Please do explain how/where you are taking them. I don't think my school offers winter break classes.

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
My university offers a few winter courses during January.

OP
bigbad

bigbad

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Do research internships happen during the break? I realize I'm probably late for applying anyways, but how do you find out about them?

MidnightSun32

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
Medical Student
1. Taking a very short protein synthesis workshop/class (at my school, students can take winterim classes as long as they don't exceed 1 credit for each week we are on break).
2. Sleep :)
3. Go back to Colorado and Washington for a visit.
4. Do a little MCAT studying.

eablackwell

It Wasn't Me
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
The Land of Sleepless Nights
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Chilling out in Orlando and using my Disney & Universal year passes to the fullest. :) Also very excited about heading up to NC for a weekend in Jan/Feb to play in the snow, but that's technically not the holidays. :D