What are you doing over Winter break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any plans for the upcoming break? I've been off this week for Thanksgiving and I started thinking about what I'm going to do over my next break. I always end up getting bored over the holidays. It's nice taking a break from school and hanging out with friends from home but it gets old fast every time.

I'm doing a short mission trip but after that I'll be completely free with nothing to occupy my time. What do you guys usually do between quarters/semesters besides hang around with friends/family?

I'm almost starting to dread it :eek:

inb4 typical loser premed, OP can't inb4, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Getting my tonsils removed
Packing for my move to the dorms (transferring)
Lots of sex
Lots of sleep

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting my tonsils removed
Packing for my move to the dorms (transferring)
Lots of sex
Lots of sleep

So did you transfer to another school for winter quarter?

I didn't know that was possible, I thought junior(?) transfers were only done during the start of the academic year.

Have fun with the other two ;)

So did you transfer to another school for winter quarter?

I didn't know that was possible, I thought junior(?) transfers were only done during the start of the academic year.

Have fun with the other two ;)

Yeah, I'm transferring to the University of Washington. In Washington you can transfer to just about any school at the start of any quarter/semester.

Any plans for the upcoming break? I've been off this week for Thanksgiving and I started thinking about what I'm going to do over my next break. I always end up getting bored over the holidays. It's nice taking a break from school and hanging out with friends from home but it gets old fast every time.

I'm doing a short mission trip but after that I'll be completely free with nothing to occupy my time. What do you guys usually do between quarters/semesters besides hang around with friends/family?

I'm almost starting to dread it :eek:

inb4 typical loser premed, OP can't inb4, etc.

1 class about europeans, research like a bawss.

- Sleep.
- Load up on EC hours.
- Try not to waste time on SDN.

Am I ambitious enough to do some deep LT retention on Gen Chem? Probably not. Fingers crossed. :laugh:

Friends, family & kick a** new years.

Otherwise, read things that entertain for once, bourbon, & practice second language I seem to have plateaued.

Debating over whether or not I should take a 3-week course on logic.

1) Sleep
2) Work
3) ...
4) Profit.

Maybe throw a couple interviews in there for good measure.

haha also I was about to say that OP can't inb4, but then I realized that you inb4'd me on that one too. +pissed+

haha also I was about to say that OP can't inb4, but then I realized that you inb4'd me on that one too. +pissed+

One step ahead, all the time :D

A lot of you said you're taking short classes. Please do explain how/where you are taking them. I don't think my school offers winter break classes.

My university offers a few winter courses during January.

Do research internships happen during the break? I realize I'm probably late for applying anyways, but how do you find out about them?

1. Taking a very short protein synthesis workshop/class (at my school, students can take winterim classes as long as they don't exceed 1 credit for each week we are on break).
2. Sleep :)
3. Go back to Colorado and Washington for a visit.
4. Do a little MCAT studying.

Snow is on the mountain. Ended up snowboarding.

Chilling out in Orlando and using my Disney & Universal year passes to the fullest. :) Also very excited about heading up to NC for a weekend in Jan/Feb to play in the snow, but that's technically not the holidays. :D