What are you doing until you start Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wazupshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we've all put ourselves through this hellish ordeal that they call "the application cycle". Fortunately things are panning out well for most of us and we'll be starting medical school in the fall somewhere.

What fun things are you all going to do for the next 5 months?

I'm looking for some good ideas. Right now I'm just being a snowboard bum, but the snow is quickly melting and I need to find something else to last me through August.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, some of us are still in college!!!

So, I'm gonna finish up my BS in Microbiology. After that, I'm going to travel and see the country. Should be fun!

I would definitely recommend you guys do something fun or at least relaxing. The summer before I started med school, I worked, but it was only 20 hours a week and only so i wouldn't be completely bored all summer long. And I took a trip to chicago, which was cool because I hadn't been there before. But believe me, it was fun to do nothing. :) And you'll be longing for that again when you are busy studying for a big exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to Disneyworld!!!:clap:

Drink. I need to kill enough brain cells to actually make med school challenging for me. :p

I'll be going to Greece this summer but more than that, after working 50+ hours a week for the past two years, I am looking forward to having a few weeks of doing absolutely nothing. I need to catch up on my Jerry Springer. :D

Working, working, working.....until July. Then I am going to take a couple of months off before school and visit family in various parts of the country before I start...it may be a while before I see them again.

I must say I am really excited to start school. Taking a year off has been great in the sense that I made some money and got to relax intellectually a bit, but I am ready to dive in!!