rcheech7

EM
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think all OChem exams happen at the same time.

My third test is the Monday after break, so same here :shrug:

May 21, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical

hopefully nothing but seeing family, eating turkey, and hanging with the friends who will all be back in town. I do have to study a little for my physiology lab final and mcat. im gonna take it easy though and leave the heavy studying for winter break.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
5 day weekend for me. Probably some Christmas shopping on Wed.

KTownGT

RNA-->DNA-->RNA-->Protein
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2009
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
1) Eat body weight in Turkey
2) Eat body weight(after #1) in Pecan Pie.
3) Sleep
4) Do nothing
5) Eat new body weight in Pumpkin Pie.

Jul 23, 2009
Status
i envy the ppl that will get to have more than 2 ochem exams, my ochem class 2 exams and a final, and we had our 2nd one all ready. but i will be studying my ass of for bio, ochem (i never really stop studying for it lol) , doing a paper (what a drag) and for my family thanksgiving really isnt a holiday, we dont celebrate it.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
i envy the ppl that will get to have more than 2 ochem exams, my ochem class 2 exams and a final, and we had our 2nd one all ready. but i will be studying my ass of for bio, ochem (i never really stop studying for it lol) , doing a paper (what a drag) and for my family thanksgiving really isnt a holiday, we dont celebrate it.
Why would you envy this? I'd rather my entire grade = 1 final.

OP
D
Aug 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical

same here. we dont celebrate thanksgiving the holiday itself, but there is nothing wrong with giving thanks...

AGLAIA

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
PDX
Status
Medical Student
Mountain vacay!!

luke587

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
studying for math final, study for chemistry not to heavily though, but really need to get that grade up c+, b- range right now, and definitely going to play alot of black ops since i dont play video games while im at school.

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
After hearing my Calc professor talk about how the week after break is absolute madness with all the testing and stuff, I'm surprised I somehow have no more exams or papers until finals! :D

StephBee

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Maybe work on 15 page paper but I'm driving to Michigan to spend time with family that I haven't seen in like 2 years thanks to college.

Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Repeat.

eablackwell

It Wasn't Me
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
The Land of Sleepless Nights
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My husband and I are having family over for a big thanksgiving dinner. Then I am taking my mom out for some black friday shopping fun the next day :thumbup:

LRAccord624

MSIII
Oct 18, 2009
Houston
Status
Medical Student
Me=studying for my third exam for ochem II...:oops:

make me jealous people
I'm still going home to visit with my family, but I have 12 tests during the first 17 days of December. Jealous? :cool:

georgearms

i am a girl
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I am going hiking the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Then on Wednesday I'll probably eat and sleep a lot..and play with my doggie. On Thursday I'll be in Houston for a huge family reunion, meeting people I've never met in my life. Where are some good places to eat in Houston? Specifically..Asian food? :)

CougarMD

Come up screaming
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
ISIS Headquarters, NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1) Eat body weight in Turkey
2) Eat body weight(after #1) in Pecan Pie.
3) Sleep
4) Do nothing
5) Eat new body weight in Pumpkin Pie.
This is my favorite.....I love the part about the new body weight:laugh:

Also....I love a thread where posting this video is appropriate.
[YOUTUBE]-z27FKwupds[/YOUTUBE]

crixx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Here's my plan:
1. go for a run thanksgiving morning to keep my metabolism high so I can eat more
2. eat until I puke during thanksgiving dinner
3. lather, rinse and repeat steps 1 and 2 for leftovers on the following days
4. watch a lot of football and do no studying of any sort

I love thanksgiving. :D

PreMedder

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
drink copious amounts of alcohol with friends back at home
eat copious amounts of thanksgiving food with family
sleep until 1300 at least every day.
minimal if any studying for second week of december testing

Sep 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm saving that for a longer break, winter break. I would hate to have to leave after only several of days. It would just make me depressed. :oops:
Idk I like Big Bear. I like Yosemite too but a weekend spent at the cabin? :)

Jul 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Working everyday during break

I also have a 50 page paper due the next week, so I'll probably work on that in my off time. Blehhhhh. :barf:

Nov 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Eat and GO SHOPPING!!! It's Black Friday so theres nothing better then to go out and hunt for deals :D

ILikeDrugs

pre-attending
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
L.A.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Working everyday during break

I also have a 50 page paper due the next week, so I'll probably work on that in my off time. Blehhhhh. :barf:
What kind of a psychopathic undergrad professor assigns a 50-page paper? :scared:

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Sleep, eat, play CoD Black Ops. What more could a person want? I guess I should throw in some orgo and microbio studying though :(

sc4s2cg

7+ Year Member
May 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Study for finals (this semester is ridiculous) and write my 30 page paper. :|

CityLights

7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2010
Status
I'm going to have a very awkward thanksgiving at my parents with family I've never met and hardly know. Anyone have some good excuses?

rafflecopter

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Going to have thanksgiving dinner with my family then thanksgiving again with my girlfriend's family. The key to maximizing the food intake is actually really simple: EAT only high sugar foods during the FIRST meal. Eat your cranberry sauce, your candied yams, your pecan pies. These should somewhat burn off by the time of your next meal where you can cram the heavy foods: your potatoes, your stuffing, and the turkey.

katiemaude

7+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2010
Status
Medical Student

Ditto. My third ochem exam is the Wednesday after the break. I'll be hanging out with family, eating turkey and shopping Wed-Fri of the break. I plan to hit the books over the weekend.