What are you going to do for thanksgiving break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Poetry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me=studying for my third exam for ochem II...:oops:

make me jealous people

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think all OChem exams happen at the same time.

My third test is the Monday after break, so same here :shrug:

hopefully nothing but seeing family, eating turkey, and hanging with the friends who will all be back in town. I do have to study a little for my physiology lab final and mcat. im gonna take it easy though and leave the heavy studying for winter break.

eat, study, relax, enjoy time with family.

5 day weekend for me. Probably some Christmas shopping on Wed.

1) Eat body weight in Turkey
2) Eat body weight(after #1) in Pecan Pie.
3) Sleep
4) Do nothing
5) Eat new body weight in Pumpkin Pie.

i envy the ppl that will get to have more than 2 ochem exams, my ochem class 2 exams and a final, and we had our 2nd one all ready. but i will be studying my ass of for bio, ochem (i never really stop studying for it lol) , doing a paper (what a drag) and for my family thanksgiving really isnt a holiday, we dont celebrate it.

i envy the ppl that will get to have more than 2 ochem exams, my ochem class 2 exams and a final, and we had our 2nd one all ready. but i will be studying my ass of for bio, ochem (i never really stop studying for it lol) , doing a paper (what a drag) and for my family thanksgiving really isnt a holiday, we dont celebrate it.

Why would you envy this? I'd rather my entire grade = 1 final.

same here. we dont celebrate thanksgiving the holiday itself, but there is nothing wrong with giving thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
studying for math final, study for chemistry not to heavily though, but really need to get that grade up c+, b- range right now, and definitely going to play alot of black ops since i dont play video games while im at school.

After hearing my Calc professor talk about how the week after break is absolute madness with all the testing and stuff, I'm surprised I somehow have no more exams or papers until finals! :D

Maybe work on 15 page paper but I'm driving to Michigan to spend time with family that I haven't seen in like 2 years thanks to college.

Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Repeat.

My husband and I are having family over for a big thanksgiving dinner. Then I am taking my mom out for some black friday shopping fun the next day :thumbup:

I am going hiking the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Then on Wednesday I'll probably eat and sleep a lot..and play with my doggie. On Thursday I'll be in Houston for a huge family reunion, meeting people I've never met in my life. Where are some good places to eat in Houston? Specifically..Asian food? :)

Study for comprehensive Genetics final
Go to gym
Study for orgo exam that's on first week of december
Go to gym
Eat turkey
Go to gym

Fishing and hiking up in Big Bear, CA.

1) Eat body weight in Turkey
2) Eat body weight(after #1) in Pecan Pie.
3) Sleep
4) Do nothing
5) Eat new body weight in Pumpkin Pie.
This is my favorite.....I love the part about the new body weight:laugh:

Also....I love a thread where posting this video is appropriate.
[YOUTUBE]-z27FKwupds[/YOUTUBE]

Here's my plan:
1. go for a run thanksgiving morning to keep my metabolism high so I can eat more
2. eat until I puke during thanksgiving dinner
3. lather, rinse and repeat steps 1 and 2 for leftovers on the following days
4. watch a lot of football and do no studying of any sort

I love thanksgiving. :D

drink copious amounts of alcohol with friends back at home
eat copious amounts of thanksgiving food with family
sleep until 1300 at least every day.
minimal if any studying for second week of december testing

I'm saving that for a longer break, winter break. I would hate to have to leave after only several of days. It would just make me depressed. :oops:

Idk I like Big Bear. I like Yosemite too but a weekend spent at the cabin? :)

Idk I like Big Bear. I like Yosemite too but a weekend spent at the cabin? :)
Not much of a cabin person. I like tents or if the weather permits, no tent. :D

Go to new york (The Bronx), eat one helluva thanksgiving dinner (my aunts know how to throw down), come back to Va and eat leftovers for a week straight

Working everyday during break

I also have a 50 page paper due the next week, so I'll probably work on that in my off time. Blehhhhh. :barf:

Eat and GO SHOPPING!!! It's Black Friday so theres nothing better then to go out and hunt for deals :D

Working everyday during break

I also have a 50 page paper due the next week, so I'll probably work on that in my off time. Blehhhhh. :barf:
What kind of a psychopathic undergrad professor assigns a 50-page paper? :scared:

Sleep, eat, play CoD Black Ops. What more could a person want? I guess I should throw in some orgo and microbio studying though :(

Study, study, study....plus football game on Friday!

Study for finals (this semester is ridiculous) and write my 30 page paper. :|

Study for comprehensive Genetics final
Go to gym
Study for orgo exam that's on first week of december
Go to gym
Eat turkey
Go to gym

sorry to burst your bubble, but u wont turn to kakashi no matter how much muscle mass u put on :).

I'm going to have a very awkward thanksgiving at my parents with family I've never met and hardly know. Anyone have some good excuses?

Going to have thanksgiving dinner with my family then thanksgiving again with my girlfriend's family. The key to maximizing the food intake is actually really simple: EAT only high sugar foods during the FIRST meal. Eat your cranberry sauce, your candied yams, your pecan pies. These should somewhat burn off by the time of your next meal where you can cram the heavy foods: your potatoes, your stuffing, and the turkey.

I think all OChem exams happen at the same time.

My third test is the Monday after break, so same here :shrug:

Ditto. My third ochem exam is the Wednesday after the break. I'll be hanging out with family, eating turkey and shopping Wed-Fri of the break. I plan to hit the books over the weekend.

I already took my third Orgo test, but I will be finishing an Orgo paper and studying for my lab final in Orgo. Also MCAT studying. I'm also hoping that I can shadow one of those days.