What are you going to do if you DONT GET INTO DENTAL SCHOOL???!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClosetNerd828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to take my uncle's abandoned trailer and fashion it way up in a tree and put solar panels on it and go off the grid for about 4 years.....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
with 6 interview, you will get in one for sure.

for me, commit suicide.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess i'll get a chemistry degree and try again. The other alternative is to get a loan, start a business and become a millionaire (in that order, this is what I will present to the bank).

Reactions: 1 user
Insert myself into the class of my choosing and attend anyway until they actually put me on the roster

Reactions: 22 users
I'm technically already working in a career so I am making sure that I don't mess up my chances of being invited back next year. As much as I want to throw papers in the air and say "SCREW IT" some days, I made sure no one at my job knows I'm applying to dental school and that I continue to act as if I want to be there for the rest of my life. My salary is actually pretty good for someone of my age and I need every penny.

Best case scenario? I get into dental school and when they approach me with my contract for 2016/2017, I can walk away.
Worst case scenario? I have to take another year to apply, but I still keep my job and my salary.

Reactions: 2 users
Start my own dental school in the Carribean.

JUST Picture it right now- "Incis0r College of Dental Surgery!"

Tuition only 50K a year, and I will award you a I.D.D.S degree. Incis0r's Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree. Guaranteed to get you a job in the U.S.! Come, pre-dents, come!

Did I mention our exchange program with the PRESTIGIOUS Touro College of Dental Medicine?

Reactions: 20 users
I only had 3 interviews with another 1 post December so my chances are not the best. Honestly though, I will try again next year no doubt and will focus on poker in the meanwhile

Honestly if i don't get into dental school i don't know what I'm going to do with my life. i have no back up plan, dentistry is the only thing i want to do

Reactions: 8 users
If I don't get into dental school, I'll go back to my country, use my bio-chem degree, buy an RV, make meth and sell for profit.

Reactions: 9 users
Honestly if i don't get into dental school i don't know what I'm going to do with my life. i have no back up plan, dentistry is the only thing i want to do

yes all or nothing. I like that :). Good luck bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only had 3 interviews with another 1 post December so my chances are not the best. Honestly though, I will try again next year no doubt and will focus on poker in the meanwhile

You like poker? I would like to offer you a seat on the Board of Directors at Incis0r's College of Dentistry. Since you like gambling, we must put you in a position that is not critical to the welfare of our students....we can't gamble with their futures can we?

How does Director of Accreditation/Liaison to the ADA sound to you? The value of the dental degree from our school will depend on you. Nothing critical right? I'll pay you $400K a year.

Drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Or try again next year... haven't decided yet.

Being a poker player, I'm all about a smart gamble. A dental school in the carribeans with loose admission requirements is something us poker players like to call a monster. We will surely get payed off as long as people are willing to buy.

Man if I don't get in...I sit in the corner and cry..only 2 post Dec1 interviews so far.........but grateful and looking forward to both! :)

Personally, I'm going to take my uncle's abandoned trailer and fashion it way up in a tree and put solar panels on it and go off the grid for about 4 years.....

If I don't get into dental school, I'll go back to my country, use my bio-chem degree, buy an RV, make meth and sell for profit.

Sounds like the beginning of Breaking Bad

Reactions: 2 users
Of course with Dec 1 coming, I keep thinking about this. I feel like i would cry for at least a month and then think about how I will save enough money to reapply...

If I don't get in, I'll look for ways to make my application better and try again... :)

Don't get in after first year, I will reapply, but don't get in ever, wow, I really don't know, maybe get a masters so I can work at a college in some capacity, maybe in Sports Information or coaching? I really am not sure. I don't apply for the first time until next cycle so lets hope I don't ever have to make this decision!!!

d0053104_1206164.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Try again for next cycle of course! And if I don't get in that one...god forbid..p..po....p.....podiatry *retches*

i dunno. I guess start working as dental assistant...... But i think i would kill myself working with someone who has something i desperately want.

I luckily got a job making my own hours, though still 40hours a week as a chemist so I'll hold onto that and work on my weak points and apply again next year. Dental is the only thing I want to do so its simple

i dunno. I guess start working as dental assistant...... But i think i would kill myself working with someone who has something i desperately want.

It's not bad at all for me. I'm learning so much every single day.. it's quite interesting as long as your boss is willing to help you out with it and teach you as you work.
I'm sure if I had to just assist for years and years I'll probably start feeling that way though.