what are you gonna do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marinojones

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a question for everyone in this forum...what will you do if you aren't offered a spot in dent school this coming fall?
do you have back up plan? reapply? post bac? just curious.
WOuld love to hear some comments.

Members don't see this ad.

If this is what you truly want to do in life, then reapply and strengthen your qualifications. Don't settle for second best as far as your career is concerned. I thought about taking a detour to eventually pursue dentistry again, but I decided that by doing so, I wouldn't be working hard enough to earn that acceptance. Plus, I f'd up in college due to my own laziness, so I deserve the 'road less traveled.' But if you have a family and/or other priorities, then my advice is null. Good luck. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I applied and got accepted to a master's program, If dental school doesn't work this year then I'll reapply later. Its just a matter of really knowing what you want to do, and not being deterred by it taking a few more years.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have also been applying for masters programs. where were you accepted? congrats! i agree that i might take a couple more years, but what they hay. couple more years to ready myself for the rest of my life.

I got into a smaller state school (Clarion) that is really close to my home. I'll be working with a professor that I've know for awhile and a local implant dentist, studying different treatment therapies for his patients (adult stem cell therapy) so it sounds like it should be pretty cool. I'm thinking that an experience like this , coupled with good grades should give me some options when I reapply! Good luck to you!

I am applying for a one-year masters program in Anatomy should I not get into dental school this year.

I would apply again - probably call the schools that I got rejected from and ask how I could improve my application.

for the people here who have worked out a masters/postbacc program worked out in case they don't get in this year, are you gonna reapply this may 06 for fall 07? or are you gonna do the masters/postbacc for a year and apply may 07?

the reason i'm asking is because i wanna do that too in case i don't get in, but i wanna see if i can enter d-school fall 07.

any input greatly appreciated!