What are you guys doing right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitwhat

Bagel Technician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my date with destiny is mid-june. I hope she's not a biatch. What are you guys doing now to prepare?

I've been doing the DIT questions that we receive on Monday and Thursday and studying for module that I'm in. I'll sneak in some Kaplan questions here and there. Other than that, I've just been trying to figure out a way to get started and what to start with.

DIT recommends ~50pages/week of First Aid so you're through it once before their class starts. I'll probably start there, but I'm looking to add on to it a bit.

So what is errrrbody doin' right meow?

Members don't see this ad.

- 45pages of FA/week (usually spread over 3 days), but I already learned the micro section of FA very well during my micro block and was reading ~20pages/week of FA during first semester. I should have FA read by end of Feb.

- 10 questions of USMLERx/day 6 days a week

- 48q block of USMLERx on the day I don't do 10q

- Go over each Goljan chapter 3x along with coursework (was doing this during 1st semester)

- Review 1 old Goljan chapter per week (usually on same day I do 48q block)

Right now, I'm just working on learning the system courses that I'm currently in. I use First Aid and Gojan RR to augment study-time. That's the only board-related review I'm doing until classes are over in late April. I like the advice that learning this stuff really well right NOW makes review-time during official Board Review MUCH more effective (says my husband-doc). Then come late April, it's ON! ;-)

GL to us all!!!!!!

- Reading/annotating CMMRS into First Aid. This is taking forever so I'm likely going to start reading some amount of FA separately daily. (Why am I starting this so early? Well, we haven't had micro since 2nd sem of first year and I need to fill in gaps. Biochem is the same - haven't had that since 1st sem 1st year, and I'm not taking any chances).

- 15 UWorld qs/day, with some Qbank qs when I get the chance (school bought the new Kaplan Qbank for us).

- Reading Goljan/FA 2x in line with our blocks (and I'd like to start doing qbank qs along with the block material as well).

I'm not waiting till the end of the semester to start boards prep. While learning the stuff well now helps somewhat, we still have 3 semesters' worth of material that has to be reviewed and reviewed and I just don't see that happening in the 4-5 weeks I have at the end well enough to get a great score. Plus, our curriculum is disappointingly non-boards focused anyway.