SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What are you guys putting down for "hardships"?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Isaac, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Isaac

Isaac Junior Member

Mar 18, 2002
    In particular for the TX "secondary" apps, many of them will ask you to describe a hardship in life, i.e. financial, familial, death of someone close, etc. I guess in one sense that I am lucky enough not to have a solid answer jump to mind, but that leaves me scratching my head as to how to answer this, if at all. I certainly don't want to sound disingenuous by hyping something up. There have been some difficulties in the family, i.e. divorce, but none that I could claim to really be a hardship that has hindered my educatinoal or personal development.

I know this question isn't exclusive to the TX app, so I'd like to hear what some of you have put down if you were in a situation like me, where there just hasn't been THAT much worth writing about.

Thanks,

Isaac.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    The Big House
    If there's nothign you think from an unbiased standpoint would count- just don't put anything down. --Trek

PS: shot while trying to save your mom in a NE Dallas gunbattle over selling drugs to middleschool students = good hardship

Divorce = not a hardship

4. silvercholla

silvercholla Smarter than the avg bear 7+ Year Member

May 22, 2002
    New York
    NO ONE POSTING IN THE INTERVIEW FEEDBACK!!!!!