What are you guys up to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riskhk

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hehe...for me I'm catching a plane in 30 hours to Greece. Chilling there for 30 days until Pharmacy school starts 2 days after I get back. Then I can chill again. UOP Pharmacy school is only from 8-12 M-F.

Hope I don't slack off!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been drinking.

...kickin' it like karate in Stockton.
- have you been here yet? Once it hits 105 degrees, you kinda don't feel it anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sit around and play video games all day.

Originally posted by riskhk
UOP Pharmacy school is only from 8-12 M-F.

I think I'm getting screwed. My school is 4 years, no summers off, and supposedly 8-4 or 5 M-F.

Originally posted by jason UCSD2000
...kickin' it like karate in Stockton.
- have you been here yet? Once it hits 105 degrees, you kinda don't feel it anymore.

I swear that you're right.. UNTIL it hits 110+. It's 107 right now and it's not a big deal, but if it were to hit 111, I'd feel it. It's not helping that it's the "wet season" here (we get 7.5 inches of rain/year) and it's a little more humid than usual. At least I'm safe in the winter!

:D

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
....it's the "wet season" here (we get 7.5 inches of rain/year) and it's a little more humid than usual.

So I guess this means you can't tell out-of-towners that "it's a dry heat" (it's like a state motto for AZ ;) )...I forgot that it's the "monsoon season" in AZ and NM.

I'm slacking off/studying my drugs/reading some books for a few more weeks, then it's back to Vegas to get in some more intern hours at the hospital before school starts up again :mad:

...drinking alcohol dehydrates you and increases your chances of having a heat stroke. Drink safely...drink with adequate air conditioning :laugh:

I have a whole year off ( lucky me :rolleyes: ) so I am studying for the pharm tech exam on my own. I am also taking salsa dancing lessons :oops:

Risk have fun in Greece. :cool:

As for me, I'm stuck for the next week with no power since we got hit by a really bad thunderstorm. And now I'm in the pharmacy, with no AC, and people spazzing out at me because the power and all phonelines are down. Talk out living in primitive times.........

Mai

I am going to Orlando ( Disney World ) the second week of August.

hi guys.

i have a little less than 2 months before i start pharm school. up until that time, i'll continue working full time (trying to save $$) while having as much fun as i can with fam & friends. on the side, i'm trying to get motivated to study for the GRE (PhD in the future somewhere? who knows?) before i'm knee-deep into school.

no vacations or breaks for me before school starts, which is good with me. moving away to a new place will sorta be like a vacation.

I finished my last prerequisite course this week and also finished all my UF homework assignments. I'm just going to relax for the next 30 days until school starts. I've also ordered all my text books and they should be coming in via UPS any day now. I'll probably read ahead while laying out by the pool.

This is a very relaxing thread. I love it!!!

Originally posted by Nocsag56
hi guys.

i have a little less than 2 months before i start pharm school. up until that time, i'll continue working full time (trying to save $$) while having as much fun as i can with fam & friends. on the side, i'm trying to get motivated to study for the GRE (PhD in the future somewhere? who knows?) before i'm knee-deep into school.

no vacations or breaks for me before school starts, which is good with me. moving away to a new place will sorta be like a vacation.

Sucks to be poor doesn't it? No "vacations" for me either, I'll just work and work up until the day and tell myself that Rite Aid is more fun than Orlando, Europe, a cruise in Mexico, or Brazil, while all my silly misinformed friends go on their stupid vacations.:rolleyes: I'm content go out and drink and call it a vacation, but my friends are all out of town. :(

Oh well, I need the money, so I work. But things are getting interesting at work as the Pharmacy manager tries to hook me up w/ his son! (without him knowing) :laugh: Some of the techs are in on it too! I didn't know pharmacy was so gossipy!

Originally posted by crying moo
...things are getting interesting at work as the Pharmacy manager tries to hook me up w/ his son! (without him knowing) :laugh: Some of the techs are in on it too! I didn't know pharmacy was so gossipy!

Nalie, the pharm manager's joking around, right? :)

Originally posted by LVPharm
Nalie, the pharm manager's joking around, right? :)

Yeah, normally I would be completely weirded out if my boss did that, but the pharm manager is a friend of my parents and there's this whole Chinese community thing... you know how parents try to matchmake their kids with other "nice" famillies of the same community. Just lightheartedly or as they say "making suggestions." And the son, he's the same year as me and we're going to VCU together this fall, and we're friends, but we aren't interested in it "that way" :laugh: As soon as he comes back from vacation we're going to laugh about this. They have nooooo idea! Yeah, it's like a big family at my pharmacy.

Currently I am sitting at my desk at my 2nd job, which is a temp job that thankfully ends this week, creating 8 character passwords for the users of a database. It is so mind numbing. Later I go to my Rite Aid clerk job, which has gotten better lately, as they are now letting me do more tech stuff. I hope my certificate comes soon. And I got my PharmCAS submitted over the weekend! So I am happy about that. Now I just have to get to work on the supplemental applications. My days off are now Wed and Thurs so I am hoping to do some hiking up in Marin and enjoy the great weather we are having here.