What are you looking forward to in medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What about the super involved, greek life, former social chairs, but with a higher GPA? Cause you'll see them, and one's responding right now.

As long as you're humble and not act like everyone else is beneath you. No one gives a crap about that stuff in med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
You make it sound like if you don't work in acedemia, post-collegiate life is boring or unfulfilling.

The general air about this thread to which I was commenting and Lyoness so candidly posted is that of a certain snobbery or elitism of being in medical school. There have been criticisms of students going to a state school, being in greek life, etc. "How great it is to be away from the riff raff." We've all labored hard to get in to school, whether we were in the 10th or 90th percentile.

Definitely not what I was suggesting at all. Look, I'm just a person who really likes being in school, and I imagine that there are other people who are like me and would look forward to going back to school. Not because post-collegiate life is boring, just because I happen to like school. That's it. I don't think there is anything wrong with not feeling the same as me. I was just trying to get how I feel across. That can be difficult in an online space.

I go to a state school and I love my school. I have great friends here. I'm involved in Greek life (alternative Greek life, but still Greek life nonetheless). Hell, I'm my Greek org's president for the upcoming school year! I'm not disparaging any of that. Forgive me for coming off as elitist because I don't view medical school as some holier than thou place. I just view it as a place where people who are just as fascinated with medicine as me go. I don't have a lot of people like that in my life, and I look forward to meeting more people like that!

I don't meet to be defensive, I just really don't want to be misconstrued.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Turning pop songs into parodies about med school
24l6lvm.png

Reactions: 5 users
LMAO :rofl:

I'm one of those lucky <10th percentilers and suuuuper thankful.

For some reason I couldn't tell if they meant " got in with stats in the bottom quartile" , or bottom quarter for class rank in medical school....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What about the super involved, greek life, former social chairs, but with a higher GPA? Cause you'll see them, and one's responding right now.

You make it sound like if you don't work in acedemia, post-collegiate life is boring or unfulfilling.

The general air about this thread to which I was commenting and Lyoness so candidly posted is that of a certain snobbery or elitism of being in medical school. There have been criticisms of students going to a state school, being in greek life, etc. "How great it is to be away from the riff raff." We've all labored hard to get in to school, whether we were in the 10th or 90th percentile.

Dude. I'm thinking the same thing- most people who make it to med school are just nerds who like school and don't want to be away from school and want to be surrounded by other nerds.
No reason to microanalyze things as being snooty.

Reactions: 1 users
My dreams at night consists of me getting into a P/F school where class attendance is optional. Oh baby

Reactions: 3 users
Cadaver dissection...

... no really though

Reactions: 2 users
Being done?!?!? ... Only kidding ...

Can't self-jinx. To be continued after offer-in-hand...

Looking forward to closing one chapter of my life, readying the pen to start another chapter, connecting with like-minded peeps, and learning how to better serve patients in their time of need...

I'm looking forward to not seeing anymore of the party animals/greeklife/ super involved on campus/but with 2.5 gpa premeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we aren't going to the same school then I suppose...

As for myself, looking forward to a fresh start and not having to fight an uphill GPA battle. Also looking forward to finally learning material directly applicable to my future profession (looking at you physics).

Looking forward to broadening my knowledge. I have spent the last 9 years (6 of PhD and 3 of post-doc) studying only T cells.