What are you thankful for (admissions-wise) this Thanksgiving?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThatQuestionGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
multiple interviews

Members don't see this ad.

80% of the schools I applied giving me an interview
25% of those accepting me (so far)
Much to be thankful for when your dreams are beginning to materialize before your eyes!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to my first choice school!

Thank you for providing interview invites and a supportive family. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

having acceptances this early in the cycle:)

AN ACCEPTANCE RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS!

and having a few schools that still haven't rejected me so there is still hope for options!

ps. I think this is a really great thread right when people can start getting really down about this process

getting into my top school, and feeling that i belong there
having the financial means to apply to multiple schools
support i've had from friends and family
being fortunate enough to have medicine as an option
helpful people on sdn

great thread!

I'm thankful for enough grace to have found my vocation, whether I get in or not and people who will love me regardless of MD on the end of my name.

I'm thankful for the chance to apply to our wonderful US schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on the acceptance this early in the process, the knowledge that I am going to live a worthy life (in my humble opinion) helping others, and a family that is proud of me no matter what.

having the opportunity to go through this process with confidence.

My one and ONLY acceptance. Thank you GOD!!!!:D

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, really.

But thanks for interviews at my top choice school, another at one of my top 5, and one at an MSTP program that would make my choice of school a whole lot easier :p

I am thankful that I was accepted to my first choice school, and all my interviews led to an acceptance. I am thankful that I am rejecting schools that want to interview me. I am thankful that my daughter is happy and healthy.

I'm thankful for being accepted to my first choice school on Oct 15th. I definitely thought I was going to be biting my nails well into the new year.

I'm thankful that I will never have to apply to medical school again, and yet also thankful that I went through it at least once in my life.

The 8 precious Interview Invites and my supportive family and friends.

I'm thankful that I will never have to apply to medical school again, and yet also thankful that I went through it at least once in my life.

As much as I love complaining about this process, I've learned a tremendous amount from it as well... it's something I am grateful for having done once and only once. :thumbup:

God, +3. I honestly don't think I could do this again. My hat goes off to the folks that do...

Anyway. Thankful for family, an acceptance to my #1, and friends and who know nothing about the application process but sympathize with me when I tell them anything about it by offering a sincere "That's f**cked up!".

Yes friend, it is. It really, really is.

I give thanks that I'm from Texas. :D Yeah! In-state admissions love.

Last edited:
Many things to be thankful for:

I got accepted! Mission accomplished

having acceptances this early in the cycle:)

and #4, I'm thankful that I'm batting 100 for interview conversions. I feel blessed beyond measure.

Amen to never having to do this crap again!

I am thankful that a med school believes in my ability to become a doctor, and for my family for not driving me completely crazy during this journey. Emphasis on completely.

Thankful for getting accepted to my dream school and not having to stress about another interview!