What are you thoughts on dating and socioeconomic level?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dual doctor relationships have by date the lowest divorce rate in medicine (barely half of the average)
Source?

Members don't see this ad.

unless I'm marrying some middle eastern Prince whose net worth will suddenly turn me into a billionairess, marrying another health professional and adding a few hundred grand to my yearly income as the only positive doesn't seem worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been dating an actress for 5 years, so I think that pretty much sums up my feelings on needing to date within some socioeconomic tier.

If you fall in love with someone who is happy with and passionate about what they do, I don't really see the problem.

Reactions: 1 user
You couldn't pay me enough to date a fellow med student / physician. My fiancee is an "allied health professional," and it's really refreshing to hear a perspective that is not medicine. I think I would drive myself crazy if I had to think about medicine both at work and at home.

more and more people are making it into early/mid 30's not married. You can go ahead and keep searching for love, there is nothing wrong with that. But its so funny how so many people are assuming that youre more likely to find love outside medicine. "...marrying another health professional and adding a few hundred grand to my yearly income as the only positive doesn't seem worth it." Yes, bc someone is medicine only has a few extra hundred grand to add to your income, no way they can offer more to your life besides money.

once the kids come and the bills stack up, many many people out there wish they thought this through a bit more. I certainly dont think its the only way but it's a way which is why I find roaddating.com an interesting idea.

Last edited:
more and more people are making it into early/mid 30's not married. You can go ahead and keep searching for love, there is nothing wrong with that. But its so funny how so many people are assuming that youre more likely to find love outside medicine. "...marrying another health professional and adding a few hundred grand to my yearly income as the only positive doesn't seem worth it." Yes, bc someone is medicine only has a few extra hundred grand to add to your income, no way they can offer more to your life besides money.

once the kids come and the bills stack up, many many people out there wish they thought this through a bit more. I certainly dont think its the only way but it's a way which is why I find roaddating.com an interesting idea.

reading comprehension fail. and what on earth is road dating?!