What are you wearing to the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sowfeeah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious since everyone and their mother tells you to dress in layers, even though it is August.

As for me, I'm going to wear the same thing I wore for the April exam: my pajamas. Yes, my best friend and I will be making our debut in the upper echelons of society at the Hilton in our very comfy pajamas.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
rajad10 said:
someone please say scrubs

A pair of stolen scrubs, of course. I need to get the bad luck off of them from last April.

I wore them test day and the day I got my scores. I shat in them when I saw my scores so they are a little ripe but I think it will give me motivation to finish Verbal faster so I can hold my breath.

im going to peel the flesh off of a street person and wear it as a suit.

Two number 2 pencils, two black pens, and my MCAT ticket....nothing else

here's my advices (they always work for me)

wear ur lucky pants, shirt, etc
no matter how ugly/outdated they look, u will be the last one laughin when u get a good scores

do not wear anything tight, it might cut ur circulation
especially for guys, u dont want to have ur pants crashing ur balls during verbal

wear layers in case the room is too hot or cold

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be wearing my tanto on my side just in case the test goes badly and I need to perform seppuku.

WestTexasRambler said:
A pair of stolen scrubs, of course. I need to get the bad luck off of them from last April.

I wore them test day and the day I got my scores. I shat in them when I saw my scores so they are a little ripe but I think it will give me motivation to finish Verbal faster so I can hold my breath.

That absolutely sucks how verbal messed up your score.

I recommend ridding yourselves of scrubs just to preclude any superstitious conclusions.

Anyway, I recommend wearing a large green dot. :D
-Dr. P.

Borrow a doctor's white lab coat and wear it to the test. Tell people that you're on a bet with your colleagues on whether you can get a 45 this time, because last time you could only get to a 43.

superwillis said:
Borrow a doctor's white lab coat and wear it to the test. Tell people that you're on a bet with your colleagues on whether you can get a 45 this time, because last time you could only get to a 43.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...and I will wear my Princeton Review baby tee

Good God if this is an accurate representation of what everyone will look like at my administration, I'm totally regretting my decision not to take it on Sunday instead. :rolleyes:

coralfangs said:
here's my advices (they always work for me)

wear ur lucky pants, shirt, etc
no matter how ugly/outdated they look, u will be the last one laughin when u get a good scores

word. i'll be rockin' my beater and lucky sweats.
after all, it is, in many ways, a test of endurance =P

:cool:

Layers it is...

comfy track pants over a pair of adidas mesh tennis shorts incase it get warm...
A tshirt with something amusing on it... maybe bikini's are underrated? with a track jacket in my bag incase it's cold...

flip flops and again some socks in the bag for overactive AC mind you does a 30 still count if you take it in socks and sandles?

And as my answer seems to be the only serious one.... I'll have a oversized sombrero, possibly made of nacho's depending on the humidity... and it'll be funny because it's bigger than a regular hat

:laugh: Ya'll are very funny....

I think the fig leaf is my favorite....

And the two condoms b/c you can never be too careful :smuggrin:

I'll be wearing what I've worn to just about every practice test - yoga pants, tank top, and flip flops (with a sweatshirt in my bag in case the room is shiver inducing like the over ac'ed ones I took my practice tests in). Good luck everyone!

Why is everyone so concerned about it being cold? Too much AC is much preferrable to an overheated room. Heat makes you sluggish and sleepy, but the cold will keep you awake and alert. I for one am hoping that I land in a chilly room.

depends on my mood on that day but its either my yoga apparel or a miniskirt wid my fav t-shirt

This is no joke:
I took the MCAT a couple years ago, and received a package in the mail from my mom two nights beforehand. It had a pink baby tee that said "MCAT Princess" on the front, and a 45 on the back. I wore it to the test, and it's in the drawer waiting for the day that I take it again. Gotta love moms! :laugh:

sowfeeah said:
Just curious since everyone and their mother tells you to dress in layers, even though it is August.

As for me, I'm going to wear the same thing I wore for the April exam: my pajamas. Yes, my best friend and I will be making our debut in the upper echelons of society at the Hilton in our very comfy pajamas.
:thumbup: I'm wearing my pink and white stripped PJ pants, a white tank top, white flip-flops, a sweater in case it gets too cold, and a pair of socks (to put on in case it gets too cold).

HailMary said:
This is no joke:
I took the MCAT a couple years ago, and received a package in the mail from my mom two nights beforehand. It had a pink baby tee that said "MCAT Princess" on the front, and a 45 on the back. I wore it to the test, and it's in the drawer waiting for the day that I take it again. Gotta love moms! :laugh:

haha.... :laugh:

My lucky moutain biking shirt...my spongebob boxers...and we I don't know about what else.

Bojo said:
Why is everyone so concerned about it being cold? Too much AC is much preferrable to an overheated room. Heat makes you sluggish and sleepy, but the cold will keep you awake and alert. I for one am hoping that I land in a chilly room.

I tend to fall asleep during both conditions. It's like heat-induced lethargy vs. mild hypothermia.

Wow this thread is a bit more popular than I anticipated (and ten times funnier. Thanks for that, I definitely needed a haha after looking at my bio score on 7). And yeah, I really am wearing my pjs to the NYC Hilton.

I'm wearing my T-shirt that says
"UDS (United Desi Service)
What can brown do for you?"
and my emory sweat pants!!! :laugh:

Wow, I didn't even think about what I was going to wear. You guys give me some great ideas! I think the tanto is a great idea, I'd probably need it. But if I can't find one in time, yoga attire it is .. might as well..

Bojo said:

I for one am all for IN-BETWEEN rooms! Too hot, and you feel stifled/sleepy. Too cold though, and I find myself hybernating! Awake and alert, nothing! :smuggrin: