What are your aspirations for your medical practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackgirlmd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question on Browns secondary and I'm not sure how to interpret it. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

They are asking you what you envision your practice being like one day. Do you want to be a private practice dermatologist? A leader in primary care? The head of an academic department? We can't tell you what your dreams are, only you can answer that.

Reactions: 2 users
Think of what medical practices do: serve a community, teach and train the next class of physicians, further medical knowledge via research..there are probably more that others can add. Then consider which of these you want your practice to fulfill, and to what extent, and then think of why you want those things.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you've written a "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" essay you can probably draw quite a bit from that. This one is just potentially further reaching depending on the specialty.

I see. I talk about teaching at an academic institution and also serving in an underserved community. Does that answer the question?

Is it essentially saying how I want to practice medicine?
Thanks for the replies!

I see. I talk about teaching at an academic institution and also serving in an underserved community. Does that answer the question?

Thanks for the replies!

Most definitely

Thanks for the replies!
Yes and yes. You're welcome.

would anyone be willing to read my essay for this? I am unsure about it

I'm willing to take a look if you still need a reader :)