What are your chances of acceptance with interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpu04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of interviews this October and was wondering what is the acceptance rate Does it matter if you are interviewed early opposed to later? Does receiving an interview mean you have a great chance? I am getting kind of nervous lol. What does everyone think?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter if you are interviewed early opposed to later?

In the US yes (rolling admissions), in Canada no. Although Waterloo is interviewing much earlier this year versus last year.

Does receiving an interview mean you have a great chance?

You have more of a chance than someone who does not have an interview.

I know that dental and med school has data of the percentage of people who get interviews, which is like 10%. Then, there is a 40% chance of getting accepted. Is there similiar data about optometry? I am a little nervous because I was told that I would find out if I was accepted or denied 2 weeks after interview.

For optometry schools such as SCCO, which admit students based on rolling admissions, then it's definitely an advantage to apply early because there are more slots available...at SCCO there's only 98 slots. If you apply really late, then you're at a disadvantage even if you have stellar stats, you might not be admitted due to the 98 slots taken, which may automatically place you into the alternate/waiting list.
From what I know, at SCCO, just because you're invited for an interview does not mean it's a shoe in...although you are considered an academically competitive applicant, you still have to perform well on the interview to get into the school.