What are your summer plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuronette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone working, doing lab research or volunteering etc this summer? (It doesn't have to be pre-med related!)

Members don't see this ad.

Summer before fresman year. Planning to get a volunteering gig (clinical + non clinical), start on my hobbies and start studying for the 2015 mcat (psychology, philosophy, critical reading etc) I'll wait until i take the courses in college to do the chem/bio/physics.

Vacation.

Churn out another publication.

Get connected with a new project.

Artsy smartsy stuff.

Living the hard knock life, I am.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking 2 summer classes along with studying for the MCAT ( doing 5 hours per day for the next 3 months)

Continue working 30-40 hours a week
Clinical & Non Clinical Volunteering
Shadowing

Hope to continue it over into the fall semester, cut back to about 20-25 hours/wk during school is what I normally have to do.

MCAT, apply, Exercise Physiology course, Ochem Lab II, Research, graduate August.

And, of course, prepare for a semester long trip through Europe to visit family.

summer classes (calculus I & II)

Chillaxing for another month, then working as an RA for a high school pre-health program, then moving to my new apartment for med school! Pretty relaxing, fun summer I'd say :cool:

Summer before fresman year. Planning to get a volunteering gig (clinical + non clinical), start on my hobbies and start studying for the 2015 mcat (psychology, philosophy, critical reading etc) I'll wait until i take the courses in college to do the chem/bio/physics.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cute.

...You are certainly motivated. But I don't think studying for the MCAT this far in advance is worth it. Just sayin'.

Research, classes, work, hang out... the usual!

MCAT prep. Family Reunion afterwards. Apply to medical school. Swim.

No

She/he makes me feel inadequate

40 hours a week of research + 4 hours a week of clinical volunteering. Hopefully I'll get some shadowing experiences in there too. Should be awesome! I'm stoked. Busy, but worth it.

Work, volunteer at a hospital, shadow, volunteer at a food bank, study for organic in the fall