What are your thoughts on Interfolio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rehanyazdani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are many topics on Interfolio, but I wanted to get people opinions on the service. I think the service is great. But do all med schools accept LOR's sent through Interfolio? And what if my undergrad professors have a problem with sending a letter to Interfolio? Also, is there any way that I can find out which med schools accept LOR's through Interfolio and which ones don't? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 18 schools and used interfolio for all of them- there were absolutely no problems. Also, my LOR writers never complained about the process- Good Luck! snumie

rehanyazdani said:
I know there are many topics on Interfolio, but I wanted to get people opinions on the service. I think the service is great. But do all med schools accept LOR's sent through Interfolio? And what if my undergrad professors have a problem with sending a letter to Interfolio? Also, is there any way that I can find out which med schools accept LOR's through Interfolio and which ones don't? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Anyone else have something to say?

rehanyazdani said:
Thanks guys. Anyone else have something to say?
I was extremely happy with Interfolio. My letter-writers were a little skeptical at first but now they're asking other students to use it - since they only have to send one copy of the letter and they're done with it. I also especially liked being able to chose regular mail or express delivery as needed.

I had absolutely no problem with any of the schools I applied to - including TMDSAS. One of my friends had one osteopathic school that didn't want Interfolio - I would give you the name, but it's gone - I've forgotten.

I think the best way to make sure Interfolio is OK is to send a quick e-mail to your Admissions offices to ask. For me, sending an e-mail also gave me an opportunity to ask if I could send a few more letters than what was requested. I was absolutely amazed that nearly every school allowed me to submit 5-6 LORs - even schools whose application said "no more than 3!"

does interfolio allow you to read the letters of rec?

Nope, you can't read the letters (as long as you request that they be confidential, which you should, the schools will know if you don't).

The 15 I applied to had no problem that I know of. I think some of the DO schools have special forms they want the writer to fill out, so interfolio wouldn't work for them...

I especially like being able to go back and check the deliveries and times, so I know which letters went to which schools on what date.

no interfolio does not allow you to read the LOR if you sign the confidence thing (that you'll not view them) as most schools require. You can have it so you can view them, but you lose crediability. so yourr answer is yes and no.

I loved the service -- very user friendly and glad i went with them.

shoal said:
no interfolio does not allow you to read the LOR if you sign the confidence thing (that you'll not view them) as most schools require.

Actually, they can't "require" that they are confidential. It looks better if they are, and they probably carry more weight, but I believe there is a law that you have a right to see them if you choose to do so.

I used Interfolio and loved it.

Check with any schools that require additional forms from your LOR writers... Wake told me I didn't need them since I was using Interfolio.

I am using Interfolio this year. First time applicant. Once Interfolio receives my 2 LORs, do I send them to TMDSAS or to each Texas school?

Any quick replies would be helpful.

Best regards.

Baller.

I am using Interfolio this year. First time applicant. Once Interfolio receives my 2 LORs, do I send them to TMDSAS or to each Texas school?

Any quick replies would be helpful.

Best regards.

I only did AMCAS apps but the way it worked for that app was you sent them to each respective school at the same time as your secondary. You sent them directly to the school. Each respective school usually outlined the instructions for you. Read up on this on the TMDSAS website to confirm this is the same process. I'm too lazy to google it for you :)