What are your top 5 Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Butler
2. Midwestern - Downers Grove
3. Purdue

I want to stay within 150 miles of my hometown. I'm only applying to 3 schools unless I find another one that sounds really great.

Members don't see this ad.

Only 2 schools:

1) UIW (Feik School of Pharmacy)
2) UT Austin

wow, not a whole lot of you guys from Texas..at least not applying here

U of MN
Midwestern CCP
St. John Fisher Wegmans
Wingate University
U of Colorado

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Midwestern CCP
5. UIC

University of Georgia
Mercer

And I'm not even sure where else I am applying yet. Those are by far my top choices...but I will definitely apply to schools in surrounding states and probably Kentucky because that;s where my extended family lives.

I am graduating this year so I am going through right now what you will be next year. Application process - I pretty put all my effort into UCSF application and half assed the UCSD one within the last 2 days of the deadline. UCSF supp is much harder and time consuming with essay-type questions whereas UCSD is more straight forward. However, both supps have totally different questions so you can't really use the ones you asnwered for one for another. UCSF one also has its own personal statement - shorter than the one for pharmcas though.

My suggestion is start writing you stuff early, do not wait for fall.

you might want to apply to other schools too, as backup. just friendly advice, cheburashka.

:luck:

good luck!
krokodil gena.

Only 2 schools:

1) UIW (Feik School of Pharmacy)
2) UT Austin

wow, not a whole lot of you guys from Texas..at least not applying here

I'd post my list, but I'm paranoid about #5 on my list figuring out who I am and holding a grudge.

I heard that is a good idea to apply to at least five or six pharmacy schools.

1. Wegmans School Of Pharmacy (St. John Fisher)
2. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences
3. Hampton University School of Pharmacy
4. Howard University School of Pharmacy
5. Florida Agricultural & Mechanical Univ School of Pharmacy
6. Albany College of Pharmacy
7.LECOM (Maybe)

FAMU rarely accepts applicants from other schools since they have a 6 year program, plus they may not be around too much longer...my friend who's a student there says they're going bankrupt :(

1) Drake University
2) Creighton
3) LECOM
4) Midwestern - Glendale
5) U Wyoming

you might want to apply to other schools too, as backup. just friendly advice, cheburashka.

:luck:

good luck!
krokodil gena.

Hehehe, thanks Gena ! I can't apply to other schools - as I am a biochem/chem major - and I do not have some of the bio electives other schools require as pre-reqs. I have never taken anatomy and I do not have microbio and physio labs, only lectures - plus some of the other schools in CA like tauro - I don't even want to go to - so my plan is - if I do not get in this year, to go back finish up other bio electives and apply again next year to more schools. Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it - however, I remain optimistic and hope for the best. I am not the strongest applicant but I have a killer personal statement, years of meaningfull community service and volunteering and a great research experience - my topic is closely related to something one of the UCSF labs is working on, so I am hoping I can get an interview at UCSF.

1-Ohio State
2-Mercer
3-Purdue/UCincinnati/South
4-Any school that I get into

1.anywhere i get in

but if i get in to all

1.LECOM-Bradenton
2.MWU-CPG
3.Mercer
4.Samford
5.MUSC
6.UGA
7.South
8.NMU
9.FAMU
10.NOVA
11.MWU-CCP

Yes, that is alot. I'm an old man and don't plan on waiting around another year.

Members don't see this ad :)
1.) University of Washington
2.) SUNY @ Buffalo
3.) Creighton
4.) LECOM
5.) UMKC
6.) St. John Fisher
7.) LECOM

1- Mercer
2- Samford
3- Auburn
4- UF
5- ETSU

1-UIC
2- SIUE
3- University of Wisconsin
4- Purdue
5- Chicago State

These are the only ones I'm applying to, but I'm reconsidering Chicago State after some negative things I've heard about them.

1.UF
2.UF
3.UF
4.UF
5. Nova

(c:

1. Rutgers University
2. Northeastern University
3. University of the Sciences
4. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy
5. University of Rhode Island

1. Xavier
2. Xavier
3. Xavier
4. Xavier
5. Creighton

1. UCSF
2. USC
3. Univ of Michigan
4. Western
5. UOP
6. UCSD

wow! hope you get into xavier! LOL have you heard anything yet?

I'm not applying until the 2009 school year. I have a degree already in computers so I have to take the science classes. Really leaning toward Creighton web-based program now that I have heard so many good things about it.

1) UCSF
2) USC
3) Creighton University
4) MCPHS-Boston
5) Howard University

1. University of Washington
2. University of Pittsburgh
3. UMN
4. SUNY-Buffalo
5. Mercer

I like the whole dual degree idea, although I don't have any plans for regarding it yet

Ferris State University

They only look at GPA/PCAT and nothing else. I got a 94 on my PCAT and have a 3.8+ math/science GPA so I'm not too worried :)

1.) Belmont
2.) Lipscomb
3.) Sullivan
4.) Midwestern-glendale
5.) Midwestern-chicago

1) University of California at San Francisco
2) University of California at San Diego
3) Massachusetts College of Pharmacy at Worcester
4) University of Southern California
5) Western University

1) South University

Right off the beach, 3 year program, close to home.
Cha-ching.

INSANE how no one's put UT-Austin at #1.

--great school, awesome partying and nightlife scene with brilliant students = easy first pick I think. ;)

--great school, awesome partying and nightlife scene with brilliant students = easy first pick I think. ;)

Some of us don't want to anger Tech, UH, or A&M if they figured out our SDN user names ;)

Creighton, Wingate, and Iowa were my top 3; those were the schools that accepted me.:D

I hope that I'm not contradicting myself from last year, but here is my top 5 list of schools I was aiming for:

1. Florida
2. UNMC
3. USC
4. Creighton
5. Washington

why would you want to live in Austin, Texas, when you could live in San Francisco, CA? if you want entertainment SF or LA are the places to go (maybe next to NY)

1. UOP
2. UCSF
3. Touro
4. Western
5. UCSD

I'll probably also apply to Pacific (Oregon) and Hawaii.

why would you want to live in Austin, Texas, when you could live in San Francisco, CA? if you want entertainment SF or LA are the places to go (maybe next to NY)

SF is great, but the cost of living is a nightmare, especially for a student.

This talk of Austin has me daydreaming about some of my favorite food... Tom's Tabooley, Aster's Ethiopean... Oh, I'm so sick of the rural place in which I currently live.

im from MA so my list is
1. Northeastern University, boston
2. University of Rhode Island
3. Mass college of pharmacy and health sciences, boston
4. Simmons
5. University of New England

has anyone applied to these? I got accepted into every school i applied for, now comes the hard part....the decision!
I have absolutly no idea! :eek:

im from MA so my list is
1. Northeastern University, boston
2. University of Rhode Island
3. Mass college of pharmacy and health sciences, boston
4. Simmons
5. University of New England

has anyone applied to these? I got accepted into every school i applied for, now comes the hard part....the decision!
I have absolutly no idea! :eek:

I think you are at the wrong forum. This is Pre-Pharmacy forum, not Pre-Optometry. BTW, congratulations on your acceptances!

1) Univ. of Iowa
2) Mercer
3) Univ. of Kentucky
4) Campbell University
5) Appalachia

If I only had the science GPA to apply in state...:(, I would have applied to UIC and Midwestern.

1. samford

2. auburn
3. south
4. appalachia
5. anywhere i can get into...

I'm only applying to my first choice!

1. University of Houston
2. University of Houston
3. University of Houston
4. University of Houston
5. University of Houston

Great school, great reputation, great location! What more could you ask for!:)

1. UOP
2. Pacific
3. Touro
4. New Mexico
5. Idaho State

1. UNC
2. Wingate
3. Campbell
4. U of MD
5. UCSF