What Bio course to take next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here trying to plan my first semester junior year schedule. I have 2 options of biology classes to take: Principles of the Nervous System or Vertebrate Structure. Both classes meet the same amount of time each week except Vert. Structure has a 2.5 hour lab twice a week. Which will be more beneficial for the MCATs? Does it make a difference? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Frankly I don't think it will matter. On my MCAT there were physiology questions (a couple on osmolarity/ion flow in kidneys, something else I can't recall) AND nervous system questions (one on pharmecuticals, one on mad cow disease/prions).

Take what you're interested in. Prepare for MCAT separately.

Good luck :)

Please, any recommendations and advice is welcome!

Members don't see this ad :)
If the anatomy class is just a plain anatomy class (as opposed to anatomy & physiology), I would go with the nervous system. There is very little "anatomy" on the MCAT, if any. Understanding physiology is much more important than learning anatomy in terms of the MCAT.

I agree w/ Neuronix.

I don't think either of those subjects would be very helpful.

I would take a physiology course if possible. For my Junior year we had an 8 credit physiology course.

If you hav ea course like that, take it. That will help you on the MCAT.

Good Luck

Have a great day

AK