1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What book has the best practice material

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by phixius12345, Aug 7, 2015.

1. phixius12345

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi all, I've taken the old mcat and had tons of practice material between Berkeley review and the tpr science workbook. I was wondering, what books have the most practice material specifically for the 2015 mcat? Or is it okay to just use the old material? I'm a little worried about using old material as I have read that the questions will be different and I want to get my hands on as much practice material as I can. If anyone can help I would really really appreciate it :) thank you!

2. phixius12345

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    bump. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it, I got a 23 on my last mcat, I really need to destroy this new one. So if anyone has any advice on my question I would be more than grateful. Thanks :)

3. nomdeplume1234

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    try Khans academy

4. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You didn't get in anywhere with that 23? Or did you just not apply?

Kap for everything, Khan supplemented with Kap for psych/soc, EK as a supplement for bio/chem/phys to help reinforce concepts. Take EK 30mins as a mini-prep for the FLs. Get EK101 if you feel you need some serious CARS practice, which may or may not help you. EK1001 to solidify concepts in bio/chem/phys. Take memorization seriously and don't screw around trying to avoid it. Practice with EK and AAMC FLs. Have fun.

Oh and for the future, search engine. It's SDN. I mean, this kind of question (the painfully obvious "what's best for...." type question), you better believe you're not the first to ask. ;)

5. phixius12345

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you! Yea I decided to not even apply with a 23, figured I might as well take it again and try to get in somewhere I would like to go. I tried looking this question up on the search engine but I couldn't find any responses as to good practice passages and such.
    I've been hearing a lot of people saying kap lately for content and practice, but in the past I heard that they were rather poor in terms of content, and PR or Berk were way better. Is kap better for the 2015 than PR then? Thanks!

6. ac62994

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    mcatjelly and Dr. Trenb like this.
  7. phixius12345

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you! I've read through that reddit post before and my question wasn't really regarding which prep material was the best. I am more focused on finding a prep book that has a bunch of problems that I can practice with that is also up to date for the 2015 mcat. For example, BR has a bunch of end of the chapter problems but I don't think they have applied their problems to be in the new format yet. Princeton Review had a Science Workbook with BUNCH of problems but I doubt they have updated theirs either.
    Does anyone know if there are any books like these two that have a great deal of practice problems? I'm not taking a prep class, so I feel that the practice I can get is limited to what is in these prep books as well as practice tests. However, I don't know where to get more practice problems. Would it be sufficient to use the old materials? Or does anyone know of a "new science workbook" or book that has a bunch of practice problems?
    Thanks!