What book has the best practice material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phixius12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've taken the old mcat and had tons of practice material between Berkeley review and the tpr science workbook. I was wondering, what books have the most practice material specifically for the 2015 mcat? Or is it okay to just use the old material? I'm a little worried about using old material as I have read that the questions will be different and I want to get my hands on as much practice material as I can. If anyone can help I would really really appreciate it :) thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

bump. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it, I got a 23 on my last mcat, I really need to destroy this new one. So if anyone has any advice on my question I would be more than grateful. Thanks :)

You didn't get in anywhere with that 23? Or did you just not apply?

Kap for everything, Khan supplemented with Kap for psych/soc, EK as a supplement for bio/chem/phys to help reinforce concepts. Take EK 30mins as a mini-prep for the FLs. Get EK101 if you feel you need some serious CARS practice, which may or may not help you. EK1001 to solidify concepts in bio/chem/phys. Take memorization seriously and don't screw around trying to avoid it. Practice with EK and AAMC FLs. Have fun.

Oh and for the future, search engine. It's SDN. I mean, this kind of question (the painfully obvious "what's best for...." type question), you better believe you're not the first to ask. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
You didn't get in anywhere with that 23? Or did you just not apply?

Kap for everything, Khan supplemented with Kap for psych/soc, EK as a supplement for bio/chem/phys to help reinforce concepts. Take EK 30mins as a mini-prep for the FLs. Get EK101 if you feel you need some serious CARS practice, which may or may not help you. EK1001 to solidify concepts in bio/chem/phys. Take memorization seriously and don't screw around trying to avoid it. Practice with EK and AAMC FLs. Have fun.

Oh and for the future, search engine. It's SDN. I mean, this kind of question (the painfully obvious "what's best for...." type question), you better believe you're not the first to ask. ;)
Thank you! Yea I decided to not even apply with a 23, figured I might as well take it again and try to get in somewhere I would like to go. I tried looking this question up on the search engine but I couldn't find any responses as to good practice passages and such.
I've been hearing a lot of people saying kap lately for content and practice, but in the past I heard that they were rather poor in terms of content, and PR or Berk were way better. Is kap better for the 2015 than PR then? Thanks!

Here are some more people's thoughts on prep material vs actual MCAT:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/wiki/mcat2015exam

Thank you! I've read through that reddit post before and my question wasn't really regarding which prep material was the best. I am more focused on finding a prep book that has a bunch of problems that I can practice with that is also up to date for the 2015 mcat. For example, BR has a bunch of end of the chapter problems but I don't think they have applied their problems to be in the new format yet. Princeton Review had a Science Workbook with BUNCH of problems but I doubt they have updated theirs either.
Does anyone know if there are any books like these two that have a great deal of practice problems? I'm not taking a prep class, so I feel that the practice I can get is limited to what is in these prep books as well as practice tests. However, I don't know where to get more practice problems. Would it be sufficient to use the old materials? Or does anyone know of a "new science workbook" or book that has a bunch of practice problems?
Thanks!