dreyeman

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey all,

Half way done with my PGY-1 year and looking forward to next year. I just wanted to ask which books were most beneficial to buy. I hear Kanski is great, but a huge pricey book. Anything else? My current prelim program gives us money to buy books and they said we can get whatever books we want up to $400. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey all,

Half way done with my PGY-1 year and looking forward to next year. I just wanted to ask which books were most beneficial to buy. I hear Kanski is great, but a huge pricey book. Anything else? My current prelim program gives us money to buy books and they said we can get whatever books we want up to $400. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Kanski is a great book. Concentrate on getting good board review books for the OKAPs and your studies.

Consider this article:
http://www.medrounds.org/ophthalmology-pearls/2008/04/seven-pearls-to-success-for-okap-exam.html

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey all,

kanski is good but like dr. doan mentioned review books for the okaps are helpful too. i have and like

Review of Ophthalmology (Paperback)
by Neil Friedman (Author), Peter K. Kaiser (Author), William Trattler (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/Review-Ophthalmology-Neil-Friedman/dp/0721687768

and

Ophthalmology Review Manual (Paperback)
by Kenneth C Chern (Author), Michael E Zegans (Author), Kenneth C. Chern (Author), Michael E. Zegans

About the Ads

DOapplicant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2002
Status (Visible)
Ophthalmology Review Manual (Paperback)
by Kenneth C Chern (Author), Michael E Zegans (Author), Kenneth C. Chern (Author), Michael E. Zegans

As someone also new to the field, a really like the above-mentioned book. However, it was published in 2000 and I worry that some information might be outdated.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.