what browser do you guys use for AAMC exams!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kanye West

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my PS section (which was extremely laggy, took bout 5 minutes to load each page) and when i finished my break VR wont load.

When I use IE 8 - Load extremely slow, highlighting works
other browsers(firefox, netscape, opera, chrome) - fast loading but no highlighting

what do I use to have highlighting and have it load normally?!? cant believe this is happening in the middle of a test...

Members don't see this ad.

I use IE7 and have no problems. Try running it in compatibility mode through IE8. If that doesn't work, uninstall IE8 and Google for IE7.

set ie8 as your default and make sure you have all the updates installed...works quick and like a dream.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i just took aamc 6 yesterday, my first aamc... thing loaded as fast as kaplan ones... but i couldnt get the highlighting to work... didn't cause too much of an issue though.

I used firefox. Beware of your connection though. I was taking a practice test once over wireless and it froze during BS while I had 40min left, all of a sudden then the clock rapidly dropped down until time expired, and got a 3 on the section lmao. After my frustration with the internet subsided, just retook the section and scored 10pts higher now that it didn't randomly 'expire' on me.

On AAMC at least, time doesn't change when it takes a long time to load a page, however on kaplan time keeps ticking, so just be conscious of that. I suggest a direct connection for practice FLs.

I used firefox. Beware of your connection though. I was taking a practice test once over wireless and it froze during BS while I had 40min left, all of a sudden then the clock rapidly dropped down until time expired, and got a 3 on the section lmao. After my frustration with the internet subsided, just retook the section and scored 10pts higher now that it didn't randomly 'expire' on me.

On AAMC at least, time doesn't change when it takes a long time to load a page, however on kaplan time keeps ticking, so just be conscious of that. I suggest a direct connection for practice FLs.

That happened to me as well, but I lost my entire exam!!! It didn't save any of the sections. I had about 10 q's left in bio, then poof! "You have been disconnected" appears on the display... I had half a mind to throw my PC out of my window.

That happened to me as well, but I lost my entire exam!!! It didn't save any of the sections. I had about 10 q's left in bio, then poof! "You have been disconnected" appears on the display... I had half a mind to throw my PC out of my window.

That sucks. At least with mine, it saved it but just.. had a mindboggling 3 on BS lol. So then I just wrote down my answer choices from the first two sections, started the test up again and filled those in quick and went over to BS.

Incredibly frustrating though. When I thought I lost the whole thing at first, I had to really restrain myself from making a scene at the library lol.

Last edited:
I guess a lesson to be learned from here is to first start the free practice exam on your browser of choice and make sure everything works (i.e. the highlighting, timer, page switching, etc.)

That sucks. At least with mine, it saved it but just.. had a mindboggling 3 on BS lol. So then I just wrote down my answer choices from the first two sections, started the test up again and filled those in quick and went over to BS.

Incredibly frustrating though. When I thought I lost the whole thing at first, I had to really restrain myself from making a scene at the library lol.

Oh, man. I think I let out a few choice words. I was not a happy camper. I went back through it and remembered 95% of my answers, so it ended up being ok. At least you had yours written down. If it wasn't my last practice test before my real exam I would have probably started writing my answers down as well.

I used IE7 and kept refusing to let it upgrade out of fear that it would be incompatible with the AAMC tests

I used Safari for AAMC 3. No noticeable problems (no lag, etc), other than the fact that you can't highlight things.

Oh, man. I think I let out a few choice words. I was not a happy camper. I went back through it and remembered 95% of my answers, so it ended up being ok. At least you had yours written down. If it wasn't my last practice test before my real exam I would have probably started writing my answers down as well.

Well I didn't have them written down ahead of time. Just, I went through the test like I was doing post-game, and wrote down the answer choices I already made.

Thanks for the suggestions...I actually got it to work perfectly on IE8 on an older computer...weird huh?