What Camera are you gonna get for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madcye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I'd join add to these random item post. I got myself a Nikon D40x for my med school present. I love the thing. It takes very vivid shots and works like a charm. :thumbup:

00154_nikon_d40x_review.jpg

Que TT with a picture of an ancient camera. :)

Members don't see this ad.

They are pretty nice. I have the D50 with a couple of lenses. I don't use it as much as I should.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recommendations for a good point-and-shoot digital? Looking in the $200-$250 range

i got a Sony Cybershot T300. awesome camera, very fragile though, broke the first one i had in 15 minutes of ownership, complained it was broken from the begining and got a new one from the store.

i got a Sony Cybershot T300. awesome camera, very fragile though, broke the first one i had in 15 minutes of ownership, complained it was broken from the begining and got a new one from the store.

Hmm...not sure if that is a good pitch for the camera or not:rolleyes:

46941651_cc12d02c9b.jpg

You should get this one. It's totally the best.

Hmm...not sure if that is a good pitch for the camera or not:rolleyes:

its not a pitch. lol. its a great camera, awesome pictures, etc., but i got mad that the camera broke the first time it fell on the ground. if you want a durable camera, i also have that one olympus that is shock proof, crush proof, freeze proof, and under water proof (30feet). I just cant find it or someone stole it. thats another great digital camera.

I have the D50 too...have you learned how to use all the SLR options? I need to sit down and figure this out.

I've learned enough. I have to say that I have never had formal lessons and just fiddle with stuff and see what happens. My descriptions of how to do things would consist of "pressing the button next to that other button with the thingy until you get to a picture that looks like this". I have not traveled since I have gotten the camera, nor do I have the time to burn by going and spending the day taking pictures. Most general purposes I use my little point and shoot sony cybershot. It is just more practical for most things. My dad upgraded and just gave me the camera. A nice hand me down I know.