What can you do to get off a waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have you, or people you know done to get off a waitlist? Also, is it possible to get off a waitlist before May 15?

Members don't see this ad.

Try a letter of intent and/or an update letter to let them know any progress you've made academically or extracurricularly...

What have you, or people you know done to get off a waitlist? Also, is it possible to get off a waitlist before May 15?

It's possible to get off a waitlist anytime from the day you are waitlisted up until the first day of classes. At most places, though, 90+% of movement is May 15-May 30.

I'm on a waitlist, and just sending updates, sent an LOI, and maybe will send LORs later on...truth is that luck plays a large role (i.e. pray that the school underaccepted and that some accepted students pick other schools).

Members don't see this ad :)
See if any of mentors, teachers, or other contacts that are/were affiliated with the school would be willing to call in for your case.

If not, make a hell of a good LOI

Do the contacts have to be affiliated with the school to call in on your behalf? Can i lets say get one of my professors to call in, even if they have no affiliations with the school?

if you kill everyone on the wait list in front of you, and then a single person who's been accepted and matriculates you will get off of the waitlist

At first I thought you were responding to the "who is the troll" question, but I quickly realized my mistake. It's probably time to go to bed.

I didn't even realize patel had squeaked in ahead of me. The ambiguity will probably help me avoid probational status.

Troll or not, this is a very good question.

I haven't heard anything from the 3 schools I've interviewed at.

I sent them all an update letter, and I sent one a LOI. So if I get on a waitlist still... there isn't much I can do since i won't have any new updates.