What cancers is cigarette smoking NOT a risk factor for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TastyCurrantJelly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like the answer to almost every 'biggest risk factor' question is smoking, so there has to be some where it's not that could trip people up.. list them here

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hm, thanks. made a poor inference from a recent NBME question that asked for the greatest risk factor in stomach cancer - and the answer wasn't smoking.

If it's the question I'm thinking of, was it a japanese dude? "smoke" was still involved in the answer even if it wasn't smoking...

This might not be related to a cancer, but what is the pathology that improves with smoking? I'm totally drawing a blank, and I think it's only one thing that actually improves with smoking.

hm, thanks. made a poor inference from a recent NBME question that asked for the greatest risk factor in stomach cancer - and the answer wasn't smoking.

Was it age or H. pylori?

NVM: just saw above post. But now I'm wondering about the greatest overall risk of stomach cancer. It should be H. pylori.

This might not be related to a cancer, but what is the pathology that improves with smoking? I'm totally drawing a blank, and I think it's only one thing that actually improves with smoking.

Schizophrenia is also improved with smoking.