what class should i take to make me a more competitive applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confused13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been out of school for a year and have come to the decision that I want to apply for MPH programs, probably a social/behavior program for fall 2011. My work right now is not directly related to public health, but I have been doing a lot of relevant volunteering / took relevant classes in undergrad. My overall GPA is pretty crappy, but my jr/sr GPA is a lot better. I thought it might be a good idea to take a class while I'm working / before applying to grad school to prove that I'm up to grad-level work.

What kind of class do you recommend I look to take to make me a better candidate for a grad program?

Members don't see this ad.

would a program at Columbia Teachers College in the Department of Health and Behavior studies work? I know they tend to be flexible about non-matriculated students, so that would be a good option for me

would a program at Columbia Teachers College in the Department of Health and Behavior studies work? I know they tend to be flexible about non-matriculated students, so that would be a good option for me

If it's taught by someone in the department you're interested in applying to, definitely. Otherwise, it might not be as applicable. Try to find courses actually offered by the SPH.