What classes are you taking next semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr McSexy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, at my school, it's that time to schedule classes for the Spring semester, and I figured it might be that time at other schools.

For me, I'm taking neurobiology, histology, Companion Animal management (taking it with the g/f, plus we just got a puppy, so should be fun), Introduction to Logic, and Intro to Political theory, and Golf ( :) )

I expect to drop one as the semester starts.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be done with my BA and minor after this semester so all I have left to do is: Biophysical Chemistry(for Honors Program), Thesis and a PE :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully I can pass my classes this semester so I can graduate. Then no more classes!

genetic + lab, animal phys + lab, phys 2, and survey of pchem :)p)

Physical Chemistry 2 (Quantum)
P Chem Lab (3 credits omg)
Thermodynamics (the hard cheme version :( )
Transport Phenomena 2
Bioengineering

oh... and I might take Beginner Jazz (dance) or maybe yoga.

My life will possibly suck even more next semester than it does now! haha.

some of those classes in everyone's list seem difficult.. or are they just named such that they "sound" difficult?

I'm on the quarter system so over the next two quarters I'm finishing my degree by taking:

Molecular Biology
Molecular Basis of Human Disease
Cellular Basis of Learning & memory
Aids, Science, & Society
Topics in Genetics
Independant Research Project
+ a biology elective (maybe introduction to biological oceanography)

I haven't registered yet, but here's what I'm going to try to take:
Animal Behavior (with lab)
Organic Chemistry II
Analytical Chemistry
Bach and Handel
Trombone Studio
Band

If, for some reason, some of those classes don't work out, then on my list of backup classes:
Statistical Principles of Psychological Research
Psychology Research
Genetics and Molecular Biology
Random English class

You all have gotta be kidding me if you are taking these crazy classes your final semester of undergrad. Take one relaxed semester, you owe it to yourselves to just relax and have some fun, especially if youre about to head to med schooL!

Well neuro and histo, I need to graduate. Besides that, all the others should be easy aside from intro to political theory.

Members don't see this ad :)
o chem II, genetics, molecular bio, biochem, stats.

Calc based Physics II, Genetics, 300 Level Physiology, Organic Lab, Intro Biology Lab, and Biochemistry Research for 2 credit hrs.

biochem ii, biochem lab, general experimental psychology, psychology lab, microcomputer applications ii, pre-health seminar, chem research for credit, psych research maybe for credit

Molecular Biology, World Literature I, Elementary Statistics, Backpacking II, and either US History II or Advanced Biochemistry

And go on a backpacking trip...duh!! Tis the most fun ever.

And go on a backpacking trip...duh!! Tis the most fun ever.

Is that a serious class? You have to be joking. I wouldn't spend a few grand on a class like that. I'd rather take weaving class and meat some girls.

Is that a serious class? You have to be joking. I wouldn't spend a few grand on a class like that. I'd rather take weaving class and meat some girls.

1. At my school, we pay for 18 credit hours per semester, so you might as well fill 'em up
2. At my school, we're required to take 2 phys ed classes. I like backpacking, so I picked backpacking I and II over jogging, weightlifting, tennis, etc

1. At my school, we pay for 18 credit hours per semester, so you might as well fill 'em up
2. At my school, we're required to take 2 phys ed classes. I like backpacking, so I picked backpacking I and II over jogging, weightlifting, tennis, etc

I'd argue with the school that Weaving is a PE class.:D

Man, my school doesn't even offer phys ed courses to the gen. pop. of the campus. They are all "instructor consent" courses and are put in odd departments and the like so they are tough to find. They are also full of scholarship athletes. Go figure. I think phys ed ought to be required at the college level, too. It's pretty easy for some to forget to take a breather and do something active. Besides, it's a great way to relieve stress.

But my opinion and four bucks will get you a latté at Starbucks.

OChem II/L (4)
Physics II/L (4)
Statistics (3)
Psych 250: Physiological Correlates of Human Behavior (3)

MIGHT take one more class...

Next Quarter:

Biochem (4 Units)
Ochem 2nd Quarter (4 Units)
Ochem Lab (2 Units)
Psych Fundamentals (4 Units)
Random Humanities GE (4 Units)
Epi Research (2 Units)

Spring Quarter:
Molecular Bio (4 Units)
Ochem 3rd Quarter (4 Units)
Humanities GE (4 Units)
MultiCultural GE (4 Units)
Epi Research (2-3 Units)

Quarter System at UCSD to finish up:

Winter:
Biomechanics A
Bioinstrumentation
Cellular Neurobiology

Spring:
Biomechanics B
Biomaterials
(Surfing?)

3 classes a quarter should be nice, but we'll see how nice Bioengineering is to me

Biochem
Dinosaurs, Disasters, Extinction
Evolution
choice between Comp Animal Phys, Microbial Phys, or Endocrin (if I can get permission to schedule it)

Chemistry 114 (Chem II)
Bio 114 (Ecology)
Bio 339 (Microbiology)
BSS 220 (Stat's)
Chemistry 235 (Enviro Chem)
Eng 190 (Literature)

Japanese 308
2 Economics classes
1 Psychology class

I finished my science requirements, and I'm a Psychology major & Economics minor. After I graduate, I'm going for my Chemistry degree. Then I'll really have a lot of science courses. But by then I'll be much better prepared.

I am done with my Bachelors, but will start taking premed requirements...So,

Bio 2 w/lab (Since Bio 1 wont be offered I think)
Chem 1 w/lab
Calculus

And don't know what else, what do you guys recommend? I ll be working around 30 hrs a week, too.

How do you manage taking 4 upper division classes in one semester? I can barely concentrate on 2.

Seriously...I'm stressing over just 3 science classes (Chem 333/L/D -aka OChem- Phys 100A/L & Bio 281 -human physio-) but it's nuts!

A friend of mine wants to take Analytical Chemistry, OChem II, Phys II, AND Genetics along with some other science class that I'm leaving out.

Macroeconomics
Cell Biology
Calculus 1

Easy semesters ftw!

Depends on where I'm at:

CC: Survey of Organic, Physics I, Calc I, Micro, and Fund. of Disease

Univ: Micro, Organic I, Dev. Bio, Amer. Studies

Trying to decide...:eek:

Bio 1
PreCal
International Politics
Healthcare Policy in the US
Foundations of Political Theory
Women and Politics

Biochemistry
Cell Biology
Genetics + Lab
Health Care Law

Cell Bio/Lab
O Chem 2/Lab + recitation
Jap.2
Europe from 1600s

O-Chem 1, Gen Bio II, Human Physiology (400-level), Immunology Research Pract., Calc-Based Physics I, EMT-B-IV Approval + full-time work & Spanish independent study

[removal of personal information by yours truly]

Last edited:
So, at my school, it's that time to schedule classes for the Spring semester, and I figured it might be that time at other schools.

For me, I'm taking neurobiology, histology, Companion Animal management (taking it with the g/f, plus we just got a puppy, so should be fun), Introduction to Logic, and Intro to Political theory, and Golf ( :) )

I expect to drop one as the semester starts.

No classes for me next semester! Yay!

I enjoyed intro to logic, so I hope you do to! Will your intro to political theory class be covering past political theorists like Locke? I thought that class was a little boring personally, but it's probably because I had a very quiet, monotone professor.

-Chemistry II
-Biology I
-Literature
-Undecided Humanities or Social Sciences Gen Ed

Nothing out of the ordinary. I'm thinking of volunteering at the local hospital next semester.

Microbiology, developmental biology, lower plants, symphonic wind ensemble. 14 credit hours. Last semester of undergrad!

Quantitative Analysis
Quant Lab
Medical Ethics
Writing and Research
Music, Instruments, and Technology
Beginning Guitar Class I
Physiology Lab (possibly)

My classes suck, but I have to take them :(

Biology of Organisms w/ lab
Calc I
Chemical Principles 2 w/ lab
Expository Writing II ---> :sleep:
American Culture, Identity, and Public Life---> also :sleep:

O-Chem II with lab
Genetics with Lab
Calc II
+ either a random core class or a history class for my minor, haven't decided yet
I'm ridiculously excited for calc II since I haven't taken a math class for two years. I love my dorkiness :rolleyes: