What classes count as "science" courses for your science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slash

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm trying to calculate my science GPA and need some advice on what classes count as "science" classes. Obviously science classes (ie. bio, physics, chem, etc.) count, but are math classes also calculated into your science GPA? What about classes such as Computer Science classes and other tech-type classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Go to this AADSAS link (http://aadsas.adea.org/html-bin/INS_courses.htm)where it lists out all the course codes (categories). All you have to do is to classify all your courses into one of these course codes and from there to calculate each GPAs, there are the rules:

Some of the course codes have either */**/none beside them and they are used to calculate different GPAs
1)* = used to calculate science GPA
2)** = used to calculate BCP (Bio/chem/physics)GPA
3)the codes with NO * calculate your non-science GPA
4)overall GPA is self-explanatory

Hope this will aid you

Slash said:
This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm trying to calculate my science GPA and need some advice on what classes count as "science" classes. Obviously science classes (ie. bio, physics, chem, etc.) count, but are math classes also calculated into your science GPA? What about classes such as Computer Science classes and other tech-type classes?

Any Natural Science course counts... this means all biology, chemistry, physics, geology, etc. courses. Check with your counselour if you are unsure if the course is a Natural Science or not.

busupshot83 said:
Any Natural Science course counts... this means all biology, chemistry, physics, geology, etc. courses. Check with your counselour if you are unsure if the course is a Natural Science or not.

Oh my...my science GPA is not very good. I don't do well in biology classes.