what classes do i take in high school to get into medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ermeddoc2010

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What classes do you think that i should take to help get into medical school? advise needed thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Although you don't have to major in pre-med while in college, you will need to complete certain prerequisites in order to apply to medical school. These include: biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, 2 mathematics classes, and english at the least.

Since you're still in high school, you may schedule an AP class in Bio or Chem or maybe even calc if that's your thing. However, I feel obligated to mention that you should really focus on enjoying high school and not worry about the tougher college classes until the time comes along. Keep visiting this site and you will learn everything you need to know about applying to medical school. Good luck. :luck:

thanx trust me i am having a lot of fun in high school! but i just really want to be ready to go to college because both my parents are not that bright and i have to apply myself a lot more. i feel like i owe my parents something by proving i can go trough college without geting pregent like she did so i just want to be as prepared as possible. thank you very much!:D