What classes to take before DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ding2daDong

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what are the preferred classes to take before the DAT? I am in my second year of CC and am trying to plan ahead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Matthew

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering what are the preferred classes to take before the DAT? I am in my second year of CC and am trying to plan ahead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Matthew

:)

definites - bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, orgo 1 and 2

others that will help - physiology, anatomy, micro, cell, molecular, genetics, biochem, zoology, evolution, ecology

There is a topic posted about this everyday! We need to get a sticky or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to see what is covered, go to a bookstore and skim through the Kaplan DAT book.

I recommend taking anatomy before taking the DAT even though it is not official a prereq. I think Bio tends to be a bit more of a crap shoot as to what questions comes up in the test. This will prepare you better for the Bio section.

I never took anatomy and I thought that the kaplan book did a fine job of preparing my for the depth of anatomy questions asked on the DAT.