What classes to take for next semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tropicarrie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted at the two schools I interviewed at so I'm planning for next cycle. I never took Physics so I'm planning on taking physics 1 and 2 if I don't get in (I have AP credit). Should I retake biochem? I got a C in it (only C I have), so I can take Biochem and Physics next semester. My gpa is 3.58 and sgpa is 3.4. I was planning on doing some more volunteer work, shadowing, and possibly some research. Do you know if labs will still accept me if I graduate this semester? What other things should I be doing to up my chances of acceptance next cycle? I have a 20AA, 19 TS (17bio, 22chem, 17 ochem),18 PAT 25 RC and 20 QR as well. I'm not really wanting to retake the DAT but if I have to, I will. What do you guys think?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Many, many schools will not take AP credits for pre-reqs. Take Physics. I don't think you need to retake Biochem if that is your only C, as long as it's a C and not a C-. Your stats are fine. I'd wait and see how this year goes and if you haven't gotten an acceptance by May, maybe retake the DAT and apply in June?? What was the rest of your app for this year? Which schools did you apply to this year?