What comp did you buy for NYU...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental916

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What comp did you buy for dental school? NYU recommends a IBM or Dell. Did anybody get something else other than those recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

you can buy whatever you want as long as it has the specs that they require.

the IBM is a bit dated and the DELLs are very good, based on what ive heard. I have an IBM R51.

The best part of getting it thru nyu id say is the 3 year warranty. But whatever, u can get that anywhere, and they lend out computers for u if urs goes down

Bottom Line: get the best bang for ur buck even if it means getting it elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your input. So say if i get a sony from Best Buy and something gets messed up. NYU computer store will let you borrow one of theirs while mine gets fixed?

Dental916 said:
What comp did you buy for dental school? NYU recommends a IBM or Dell. Did anybody get something else other than those recommended?

Apple IIC

Dental916 said:
thanks for your input. So say if i get a sony from Best Buy and something gets messed up. NYU computer store will let you borrow one of theirs while mine gets fixed?

Yuuuuuuup