st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but does 6 quarters of humanities (basically history from Greeks through modern) count as an English course?

I assumed if not that, I surely took English classes as a Comm major and now I'm starting to panic.

yolony

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
st.exupery said:
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but does 6 quarters of humanities (basically history from Greeks through modern) count as an English course?

I assumed if not that, I surely took English classes as a Comm major and now I'm starting to panic.

my school had writing requirements and most of them did not consist of english courses..

I fulfilled my writing requirement with Physical chem :confused:
and another elective.

My pre-med committee said the way to resolve this is to have the registrar forward a notice about how the schools writing requirements are fulfilled.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
st.exupery said:

I'm using Greek Myth as one of my English pre-reqs. It's essentially lit. History may be a slight stretch but I'd go for it.

About the Ads

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
How on earth does PChem fulfill a writing requirement???

yolony said:
my school had writing requirements and most of them did not consist of english courses..

I fulfilled my writing requirement with Physical chem :confused:
and another elective.

My pre-med committee said the way to resolve this is to have the registrar forward a notice about how the schools writing requirements are fulfilled.

yolony

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Schaden Freud said:
How on earth does PChem fulfill a writing requirement???

I have no idea.. but we wrote 20-30 page lab reports and I guess the school thought it qualified. All I know is I got credit for a writing 2 course for P. Chem and I was grateful at the time. Hope it doesn't hurt my app.

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
Thank you, I will try it and in the mean time I shall call my undergrad.

I realize now I didn't take the "Subject A" (english comp. proficiency class) since I had AP English... this doesn't seem fair now!

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
If you got AP credit for English, most schools will let you use that- as long as you got actual credits! A mere exemption doesn't count.

st.exupery said:
Thank you, I will try it and in the mean time I shall call my undergrad.

I realize now I didn't take the "Subject A" (english comp. proficiency class) since I had AP English... this doesn't seem fair now!

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
hmmm.. so for my GWU secondary, should I list my English Lit AP class from high school? I just looked on my undergrad transcripts and it is there as 8 units.

I really appreciate your guys' help in the midst of my panic.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
I think that's fine. Call the admissions office to confirm though. My AP is actually listed in my transcript under the class number that I was exempted from and confirms that I got 3 credits and gives a grade of CR (credit).

st.exupery said:
hmmm.. so for my GWU secondary, should I list my English Lit AP class from high school? I just looked on my undergrad transcripts and it is there as 8 units.

I really appreciate your guys' help in the midst of my panic.

Jul 6, 2006
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
st.exupery said:
yikes, one more thing. I don't have a grade, it's a "P"!!!

Typically, and I don't know a school that doesn't do this, but I suppose there might be one or two out there, when a school gives you credit for AP/IB credits, they just give you the credit, not a grade. Thus, these credits don't figure into your GPA (so, if you got most of your BCMP through AP/IB, most med schools want you to take some upper division work, especially in chem and bio). I'm pretty sure "P" means pass, so you'll be fine. My AP/IB credits aren't delineated on my transcript, but rather just stated that I got '22 credits from Princeton, NJ' and '24 credits from New York, NY'. I have to get another form saying what classes I got credit for.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads