What's your Rx?

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey just wondering what classes yall took for your elective credits. As I read through my Class/Course schedule packet, I exactly don't know what courses would count as a humanities credit, or sociology credit. I mean would taking history be a humanities credit and would government be sociology? So what elective courses did yall take? I'm just a little confused on what elective classes go to which category, like fine arts, humanities, social sciences and such. Thanks!

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
What's your Rx? said:
Hey just wondering what classes yall took for your elective credits. As I read through my Class/Course schedule packet, I exactly don't know what courses would count as a humanities credit, or sociology credit. I mean would taking history be a humanities credit and would government be sociology? So what elective courses did yall take? I'm just a little confused on what elective classes go to which category, like fine arts, humanities, social sciences and such. Thanks!
The state of Florida required 2 semesters of humanties and they must meet the Gordon rule (lots of writing papers). Government and/or history are also required and are not electives. They are separate from the humanities.

I enjoyed humanities. You are studying culture throughout history. For each period of time, you see the influence of religion and politics in art, architechture, music and literature. Just take both semester of humanities. You'll enjoy them and it's important to see history from the perspective of the arts.

UVaWahoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I dont know which of my classes counted as humanities (my school/major didn't require them...we had to take History/social science classes, and i used my AP US Hist for that) but as far as stuff that might (?) have fulfilled some prereqs i took intro sociology, eastern relg traditions, and an anthropology class. and i'm not gonna lie, i hated every one of them.... but thats just a personal opinion thing, i'd much rather crank out some problem sets or computer programs than write papers or read whatever things those classes make you read. the rest of my classes were all science/engineering :)

JMH5145

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Did you take any foreign language in high school? If so, you can usually test out of some elective language classes and just pay for the credits. I took 4 years in high school, tested into a 300 level class and just paid for Spanish 101, 102, 201, and 202. Easiest credits I ever earned. Easiest minor I ever earned too...only had to take 2 upper level classes (Hispanic Culture and Intro to Translation).

About the Ads