What DAT score do i need to get into Columbia or NYU -- 3.9 gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What DAT score do i need to get into Columbia or NYU. I have 3.9 gpa. My only blemish on my record is I had to leave a MPH program for good reasons -- did 1 semester w/ 3 A+'s. Also, when is the best time to take the DAT to improve my shot at getting into Columbia or NYU? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you kidding me, with a 3.9 you can basically get in anywhere you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about my blemish on my record -- leaving a mph program -- will that kill me? How hard is it to get a 19-20 on the DAT -- realistically. Also, when shoudl I take it mid - end of june to improve my chances at Columbia or NYU? thanks

MPH thing is not even an issue in my opinion. Considering you have a 3.9, getting a 19+ on the DAT should be a giveme for you. Honestly the DAT was not that tough, the only tough part for some people is the perceptual section.

Hey theDr,

I had the same GPA and 22/23/17 on my DAT. I was accepted to all the schools I applied to except for havard (Didn't even send me a rejection letter, wasn't even worth a stamp I guess). I studied for the DAT for a month and a half (took kaplan) and took the DAT in the middle of july. My recomendation is to apply as early as possible so that you can make it into the first application cycle. I sent in my ADSAAS application in the middle of augast and had my pre-med advisor send my transcript and LOR's directly to the schools.

For Columbia try to crack a 20 AA, they are a big DAT school as you may already know. As for NYU, well with your GPA and 18 is more the enough. Good Luck

theDr. said:
What DAT score do i need to get into Columbia or NYU. I have 3.9 gpa. My only blemish on my record is I had to leave a MPH program for good reasons -- did 1 semester w/ 3 A+'s. Also, when is the best time to take the DAT to improve my shot at getting into Columbia or NYU? Thank you.
you're laughing buddy. Just make sure you get like 20's on the DAT and you're in like sin.

It's not hard, the DAT.

Especially the academic section.

To the OP:

Your GPA shows that you are capable of getting good DAT scores... but that doesn't mean just go and take it, you need to review the recommended study guides to secure the scores you want. 19 DAT minimum will still get you in anywhere (maybe tricky for Harvard and UOP) if you apply early, May-July.

Good Luck