Mar 21, 2010
Status
Although I have not been to all dental schools in the states, I think Midwestern University is the best. It does have very high tuition as a private school but it has all the advanced equipments and there was nothing I didn't like about the school.

What school do you guys think is the best one among the schools that you have visited? and why?

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
Although I have not been to all dental schools in the states, I think Midwestern University is the best. It does have very high tuition as a private school but it has all the advanced equipments and there was nothing I didn't like about the school.

What school do you guys think is the best one among the schools that you have visited? and why?
Get ready for the "How can you think Midwestern is the best, it hasn't even graduated a class yet!?" Comments.

The best dental school is pretty relative. What I consider to be the best school for me, is not going going to be the top pick of most other students. It's safest to say, the best dental school is whichever one accepted you:)

May 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental

Too tough, they are so different and then you add different people's perceptions, therefore This thread can't end well.
However, please tell me your next question isn't going to be which is better DMD or DDS

Jan 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
The one that gives out DMD degrees of course

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
The one that accepts you; the one you are attending.

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student

i'm sure a lot of people will root for their own school. lousy question.

U

UDM H8tr

Actually, EXCELLENT question. I most certainly would not root for the school that I graduated from.

My opinion: The best school is the one where you have to attend the least!!!!

In other words, Pacific is the only 3 year school. A whole entire year less of dental school. What more would any dental student want than for one less year of dental school!!!!

Also, there are 4-year schools that give you summers off. the more time you get off the better. Some schools don't require you to be in school when you do not have a patient scheduled. Some schools do not require you to attend after you have completed all your requirements.

Trust me, the less school you have to go to to get a degree is the best school!!!!

Oct 26, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Actually, EXCELLENT question. I most certainly would not root for the school that I graduated from.

My opinion: The best school is the one where you have to attend the least!!!!

In other words, Pacific is the only 3 year school. A whole entire year less of dental school. What more would any dental student want than for one less year of dental school!!!!

Also, there are 4-year schools that give you summers off. the more time you get off the better. Some schools don't require you to be in school when you do not have a patient scheduled. Some schools do not require you to attend after you have completed all your requirements.

Trust me, the less school you have to go to to get a degree is the best school!!!!
Should have known you would chime in. By the power vested in me by the great state of Florida, I hereby rename thee Mr. Suck...

Last edited:

12345a

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Status
I'm gonna have to go w/ Pacific as well. Fast tracking your career is hard to beat (along with the early clinical experience and atmosphere) but I haven't looked at many outside California so maybe I'm biased and less informed. :p

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Should have known you would chime in. By the power vested in me by the great state of Florida, I hereby rename thee Dr. Suck...
:laugh:

UDM H8ter: UDM is the best school!

what great advice. choose the school that doesn't require you to be in class when you paid 50k for tuition. lol..

U

UDM H8tr

:laugh:

UDM H8ter: UDM is the best school!

what great advice. choose the school that doesn't require you to be in class when you paid 50k for tuition. lol..
When you are in the middle of dental school, I bet you think back and say, "He had a point!" Dental school stinks! Why go to more of it than you have to? I don't care how much you are paying ... in the case of dental school, less = more!

More schooling, more class, more lecture, more clinic does not necessarily mean more or better education!

Oct 26, 2009
Status
Dental Student
UDM H8tr - I noticed your post (#17) under the thread entitled UDM-Detroit Mercy Waitlist. Super cool...

dl9006 was kind enough to post it below. Thx

Last edited:

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
UDM H8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalWorks
We need UDM H8er here
Just got my acceptance letter from UDMSD in the mail today!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!! I can't wait for school to start in August! I'm totally pumped!

I just need to say a special thanks to all you who dropped UDMSD from their list! Thanks for making this possible for me. My master plan of bashing UDMSD in order to get people to withdraw REALLY worked! This is the BEST day of my life!!!! I seriously can't believe my plan actually worked!!!

See you dentalworks and others at orientation in August. It's going to be a blast! I can't wait!

hahahhaha omg UDMH8TER

you're pathetic...

i knew it! you were just trying to get other people to drop out so you could get off the waiting list.

great genius plan buddy.

i feel bad for other UDM students who have to take classes with you next year.

i would be ashamed to be classmate with you. I hope you don't behave like this once you graduate from UDM..

oh btw you can thank me. you're welcome :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2010
Status
I don't think that's true.
There were people saying that they are unhappy that they were not selected from their top choice school and have to go to the one that they didn't really want to go.

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I don't think that's true.
There were people saying that they are unhappy that they were not selected from their top choice school and have to go to the one that they didn't really want to go.
just look at UDMH8ter

you can't trust everything written on SDN.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
no is no such thing as "best dental school".... Thats like asking "which fruit tasts the best".

Since most people around here have gone to 1 dental school, thier experience will be only for THAT dental school... therefore you can't really compare what people "feel" about 1 dental school vs the other. There is simply no measure.

In my opinion, the best dental school is the one that grants you an acceptance letter.... If you get multiples, then the best school is the one that appealed to YOU the most (ie hometown, tuition, maybe your girlfriend/boyfriend also got accepted to it, etc etc).

Mar 21, 2010
Status
Well...I expected people who have visited more than 1 school to share their opinion instead of saying which one they were accepted.

FutureDent020

7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Dentist
Thanks for the laughs. It's humorous to watch you get all worked up over something that was TIC!!!
What you did was really lame, but it's done. Now the problem is there are pages of unwarranted posts bashing UDM. Future students will use the search engine and find these posts and may never discover your motivation. Students who may have really liked UDM or fit in well may not even apply. I know students shouldn't base their decisions on SDN posts and opinions, but it happens as we all are aware. If you wanted to salvage the little dignity you have left, you should delete all your negative posts so future students will not be influenced by your lies.
*posting this here as well, in hope you will come across it. It's important that you delete your posts

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
Well...I expected people who have visited more than 1 school to share their opinion instead of saying which one they were accepted.
I interviewed at ASDOH and Midwestern. Of the two, I liked Midwestern more. I haven't visited any other schools, so I can't give a very accurate opinion on any but those two.

Erhatstil

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
What you did was really lame, but it's done. Now the problem is there are pages of unwarranted posts bashing UDM. Future students will use the search engine and find these posts and may never discover your motivation. Students who may have really liked UDM or fit in well may not even apply. I know students shouldn't base their decisions on SDN posts and opinions, but it happens as we all are aware. If you wanted to salvage the little dignity you have left, you should delete all your negative posts so future students will not be influenced by your lies.
*posting this here as well, in hope you will come across it. It's important that you delete your posts
i agree. that was a scumbag move eventhough i think most people knew what he was up to. i really hope that he had no influence over other's decisions not to attend udm.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
Trust me, no one in thier right minds took UDM H8tr's posts seriously. Even people who don't have SDN accounts who will see them will simply read them for the enjoyment. There was no sense of seriousness in his tone, it was all B.S and Im pretty sure everyone knows that.