What dental schools should I apply to with low GPA and masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist?123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just completed undergrad with a biology major and a double minor in pre-health and psychology in health sciences. I finished with a VERY low GPA - 2.8 (immaturity and family issues) and took the DAT a few years ago (without studying enough) and ended up with an AA of 17. I am joining a one year masters program in August in a masters of medical sciences with a concentration in anatomy and I am studying for the DAT again to retake in early August. I truly believe I will do better this time as I am more mature and have shown better grades towards the end of my undergrad. I want to apply to dental school now so I can hopefully get in for next fall (I know the chances are small but you never know). I am hoping for at least a 22 on the DAT (I have been studying 9 hours a day and have been seeing progress) and I am hoping to do well in my masters program. I know that dental schools will only be able to see one semester of masters so I know my chances are not high. Does anyone know any dental schools that are more accepting with low undergrad GPAs and a potentially high GPA for a masters program? I would love some advice on what to do right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you doing your Masters? do they have an affiliated dental school? I would start there.
I got accepted into both Rutgers Dental Scholars Program and USF masters in medical sciences. USF is cheaper for me and I heard positive things from different people so I decided to choose USF.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have any connection to UF dental or NOVA etc?
Not that I know of! I went to Nova for undergrad so I am definitely applying there for dental school (and LECOM) but I know that UF is very hard to get into.