What did people think of AAMC 8?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

detvar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i'm just wondering about other people's experiences. i was about 3-4 points below average on this compared to my 7 previous AAMCs and much lower compared to the 9 kaplans i've taken so far.

my test is in 10 days...and this is not making me feel good :(

thanks a lot in advance, i'd appreciate some input

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

i'm just wondering about other people's experiences. i was about 3-4 points below average on this compared to my 7 previous AAMCs and much lower compared to the 9 kaplans i've taken so far.

Maybe that test just focused on your weaker areas. That was my second lowest scoring test, so I didn't do great on it either. I wouldn't worry about it.

hi,

really? i found kaplan much harder than any AAMC tests (granted i've only done 3,4, and 6). i do about 2-4 points lower on each section for the kaplan tests

Members don't see this ad :)
well, yes the kap tests are much harder, but their curves are just as generous as well. in the end, at least for me, the aamc and kap averages turn out to be about the same.

but on aamc 8...esp the BS and VS...i just thought some of their answers were just completely outta the blue. i mean, look, i understand if u're testing for IQ and whatnot, but some of their **** would have little justification and require the most oddball reasoning that i've never seen on even the most f*cked up kaplan test

anyone else agree?

This was my lowest score also. I got an 8 PS, 11 VR and a 9 in BS. I thought the BS was strange--I usually make 10 or 11 in BS. I just couldn't get into this one. I take my test next Sat so I am down to crunch time now. I am glad that I am not the only one that thought this was hard. I have taken all the AAMC tests except 9 and 10. I have them scheduled for tomorrow and Wed of this week. I would love to make a 30+ and will need a good VR and BS score to hold up my weak PS--PS is the death of me!!!:(

taking it on tuesday ill let you guys know then, I took 3-7 and 10, most of them being 33 and 34, but 10 being a 32, do yall feel 8 is a good deal harder than 10?

I just took AAMC 8 (non-CBT) today. I thought verbal was rough in particular, but I wasn't feeling well today, so it could just be that, or a combination of that and VR being tricky. I tied my lowest score on an AAMC test, which was 3R; that isn't saying much because I scored a 35 on 3R. Breakdown was 13PS, 10VR, 12BS.

In addition to VR, BS was a bit tricky. I missed quite a few problems of which I don't quite agree with the corresponding explanation in addition to the 5-7 that I miss for no particular reason. I do not know. But I will be reviewing the test tonight to see what the deal is.

Right now, based on my cursory glances at explanations while grading my exam, I'll tell you that both VR and BS seemed quite a bit trickier than their other AAMC counterparts.. but I would hope that on a better day, my VR is a 11 or 12.

Will be taking CBT 9 and CBT 10 this week, as well.