What did you dentists major in for undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GordonLanders

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a freshmen in college and I want to become a dentist, however, I do not know what to major in. What did all of you OR are you majoring in? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think the common answer youll get here is to major in whatever you want to, just make sure you have all of the prerequisites for dental school. Personally I am majoring in the biological sciences because I enjoy science (and I think enjoying biology, chemistry, etc... is important becasue youre going to be dealing with it the rest of your career).

Thank you. I am thinking of most likely majoring in biology because it seems most logical. What is your minor?

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally majored in Biology, minored in General Management and then received my Masters in Biology (Neuroimmunology).

I actually have never taken a college course in my life but I'm majoring in Street Ethics from the school of life.

Once again, one of those topics that can easily be searched, I think, if i'm not mistaken this may be the third one this week, of the exact same question. The general consensus ends up being either do whatever you want, or do something science related.

I am majoring in Biochemistry because it is a hard major so it looks good, it is also very interesting to me and I enjoy my courses I take. It also has an emphasis on math and physics (I must take calculus physics I and II and Calc I - III). Basically I chose this because it covered all my prereqs and not only does it do that but it goes above and beyond the expectations so I feel I will be a stronger applicant.

Behavioral Science and Health.

English. As far as dental schools are concerned, they don't really prefer science majors that much over non-science. 2/5 of my classes have non-science majors. If you want to look like the other 10000 bio major out there, please be my guest. However, don't pick a major because you THINK it's going to help you. Pick a major you like, and hopefully do well in. Surprisingly, you don't need that many courses to fulfill your dental requirements.