What did you do a month before d-school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SundevilDMD

Sundevil
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wanna know what you d-students did a month before school started?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, Just wanna know what you d-students did a month before school started?
I was thinking of traveling abroad but I got a job as a summer camp couselor for kids. It's 50 hrs a week, but it'll be fun fun fun:D because we'll play play play all the time. That and living in my new cool single apartment by myself. Can't wait till school starts to meet my classmates.

I'd say do whatever you want to do because school will be dominating your life for the next four years. I also worked as a camp counselor before dental school which was bad pay, long hrs, but I got to live in a cabin on a lake and play all day long and although I hardly made any money at least I made some (as opposed to spending a lot of money on travel). Just relax and have fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
Start with the dental decks. You should be done going through them at least twice before school starts. You should also be proficient in class ii amalgams. you will be tested on that the first week......

seriously though..... don't study or read anything. you're gonna have 4 years of that. Go on a big trip. I did europe for 3 weeks and that was the best weeks of my life. Get a weird job or something. Enjoy the summer. good luck!

I'd say do whatever you want to do because school will be dominating your life for the next four years. I also worked as a camp counselor before dental school which was bad pay, long hrs, but I got to live in a cabin on a lake and play all day long and although I hardly made any money at least I made some (as opposed to spending a lot of money on travel). Just relax and have fun!
Did you have fun though? This job pays well....if it's not well paid I still want to do it.:hardy:

Did you have fun though? This job pays well....if it's not well paid I still want to do it.:hardy:

It was overall fun and a good experience. It was a little stressful at times, mostly because I was one of the directors and had a bit more responsibility...not to mention the time when a camper forgot to move her tag to let us know she had left the lake and we had to dive for her body...good thing she had just forgotten but talk about stressful!

I will be in Europe visiting family and the beach and the mountains...! yay!

I was in Europe for 3 months before dental school started. Wish I could go again.

I robbed a bank, stole an old ladys car and purse then ran up her credit cards, threw dirt at babies, made fun of old people, blew up a gas station, got a happy meal at McDonalds drive-thru and left without paying, cursed out some of my science professors, robbed another bank for kicks, and then I took a nap because classes started the next day. That is what I did before dental school started. You should hear what I did over summer break.

I had fun. Hung out a lot with my boyfriend, went to theme parks, relaxed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be starting school in July so I'm going to spend three weeks before that in Tokyo.

RP

I would pour yourself a stiff drink get a nice arturo fuente. the next 4 years are going to suck! just kidding:laugh:

It was overall fun and a good experience. It was a little stressful at times, mostly because I was one of the directors and had a bit more responsibility...not to mention the time when a camper forgot to move her tag to let us know she had left the lake and we had to dive for her body...good thing she had just forgotten but talk about stressful!
:eek:

These kids will only swim in a pool with 3 lifeguards on duty :)
The job starts next week...can't wait:D

I would pour yourself a stiff drink get a nice arturo fuente. the next 4 years are going to suck! just kidding:laugh:
how was your first year experience?

Why work when you can rob someone. Working is over rated and robbing IS fun.

I'm going to be a dentist someday, i might as well start robbing people now:eek:

lol, j/k

how was your first year experience?

Im starting the 3rd year now, finally getting out of classroom and doing real dentistry now. Looking back though, I would not like to be starting back as freshman. Dont worry man i was just kidding, youre going to enjoy it , :thumbup:

thanks for the input guys!!!

i was at Officer Indoc School -USN. then a week at home. then school:thumbup:

I'll be starting in dental school in August, but i just got back from Vegas.. had a blast!!! didn't want to come back, but ran out of money.. so, i'm looking forward to making some money after dental school and heading back to Vegas.. next time i'll be at the high roller tables.. :D

Spent time with family in my home state becuase I was going away for dental school.

Starting a month from friday. I spent a week in Cancun, hung out with my girlfriend and local friends. Been living with my family and now I want to kill them all. I've been reading books, surfing the web, doing little fun projects and generally relaxing.

This summer b4 I start dental school I'm working, partying like a rockstar, and going to Cancun. I say relax, enjoy family and friends, and have all the fun you want before your begin another very challenging four years.