What did you do today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Day after the MCAT, all the weight off your shoulders....what did you do?

I cleaned my house and went on a 2 hour mountain bike ride:)

Members don't see this ad.

Started project thats do tomorrow...I've had the whole semester to do it, and know I see why. 6 hours of writing so far+ day after mcat= Bad News

cleaned my room and stored away all the MCAT crap that was spread all over my floor forever!#!##!!!#! :) Then played computer games for a few hours. Then skated for an hour, just got back. Time for more puter games muahah
Any good movies out?

Members don't see this ad :)
mmm, i did laundry. went to research, thawed cells - experiment's been on the backburner long enough.

btw, did anyone have form CG (took mine in new york)? PS felt even - 50% physics and 50% chemistry. verbal - two really long passages. BS - heavy on molecular genetics, cell biology, and evolutionary biology.

think my concentration (molec and cell biology) helped. but then again, it may have not. too much outside knowledge: easy questions tend to turn into hard ones.

btw, does anyone know if taking the MCAT twice will affect one's chance of getting into medical school?

*crossed fingers and toes*

I shopped till I dropped.
And I second the question about the movies...I haven't been to a movie theater in what seems like years. The last one I really wanted to see in the theater was "Win a date with Tad Hamilton", but I hear it's coming out on video on Tuesday. Damn you, MCAT!

Studied for finals. Damn Loyola made our finals right smack dab during the middle of mcat week.

Oh man. I started to study for the august MCAT, I did 7R today and made some physics flash cards... :eek: YAAA RIGGHT ... I sat on my butt and watched TV.

I sunbathed on the Lawn with two of my best friends all day. Then did rescue squad for a few hours. Now I'm about to pass out I am so exhausted. But it has been a great day! :) Yay for having my life back again!!!

I slept until almost 10am. Then I visited with my family who seemed to have forgotten that I existed. I was so slap-happy today that I even mowed their lawn and washed my car! Now I'm on a cleaning spree inside my apt. I feel so relieved that I can now scrape the filth off of the kitchen floor! How is it that we accumulate so much crap in such little time? Also, I've been putting a lot of thought into if i'm going to burn my MCAT study crap, sell it, or recycle it? Any thoughts?

Got up early and put in a couple hours of studying for the MCAT before realizing it was already done. Ho ho.

Really, I went to a model train exhibition with my 4 year old son, and we had an absolute blast. It's crazy how relaxed I feel today, even though finals are coming up, work continues to be very stressful, and I have to start getting my application ready. But hey, you can only worry so much. I had a great day today, sounds like most everyone else did too. Enjoy the lull!

I didn't take the mcat but here is what i did. I took a boiling hot bath to try to wash off whatever diseases I may have caught last night.

Last night was a dooooozie.

I went to bed really early last night. Crashed at around 10:30 and woke up around noon. Oops. Kind of missed church I guess.

But went to the mountains, hiked some trails, and went swimming under a waterfall. A bit nippy, but hey, when it's gorgeous outside, you got's to go swimming. Went home, played with the dog in the yard, and then off to the gym.

Hilarious incident for the day : So I'm driving around the Loop in the national park taking it easy, and traffic backs up, which it tends to do when someone spots a deer or a bear or some other unusual creature roaming through the woods. Well, some ***** from Connecticut starts blaring his horn and yelling at people to go because the signs say to. Major faux pax in the south, especially the more rural you go. So this guy keeps it up and these three guys who were sitting in the back of their truck drinking a few beers point at the guy and gesture him to cut it out. The guy starts blaring his horn and yelling again, and the three guys hop out of their truck and walk up to the guy. He starts yelling at them (bad move when all three were easily bigger than he was). Well, he hits his horn one more time (like anyone was going to move while this was unfolding) and each of the three guys proceeds to step up to his car and urinate up and down the length of the car. I swear! I started clapping and chearing :smuggrin: and a few other cars joined in. The frustrated horror, fear, and anger on that man's face was priceless.

Needless to say, no more blaring of horns was heard for the rest of the loop. :thumbup:

freaker said:
Hilarious incident for the day : So I'm driving around the Loop in the national park taking it easy, and traffic backs up, which it tends to do when someone spots a deer or a bear or some other unusual creature roaming through the woods. Well, some ***** from Connecticut starts blaring his horn and yelling at people to go because the signs say to. Major faux pax in the south, especially the more rural you go. So this guy keeps it up and these three guys who were sitting in the back of their truck drinking a few beers point at the guy and gesture him to cut it out. The guy starts blaring his horn and yelling again, and the three guys hop out of their truck and walk up to the guy. He starts yelling at them (bad move when all three were easily bigger than he was). Well, he hits his horn one more time (like anyone was going to move while this was unfolding) and each of the three guys proceeds to step up to his car and urinate up and down the length of the car. I swear! I started clapping and chearing :smuggrin: and a few other cars joined in. The frustrated horror, fear, and anger on that man's face was priceless.

God I love the south sometimes

i met a friend for coffee, rented a movie, and ate real home-made food. no studying whatsoever :D

I played basketball for a few hours for the first time in a LONG time. There's nothing like playing a bunch of high schoolers to boost your post-MCAT confidence.

*possibly middle schoolers

farleyisgod said:
I played basketball for a few hours for the first time in a LONG time. There's nothing like playing a bunch of high schoolers to boost your post-MCAT confidence.

*possibly middle schoolers

LOL, I've done that before. I was practicing at the middle school courts and this 4 foot tall 6th grader comes up to me and wants to play. Later, 2 black kids came. They kept on insisting they were Iverson or Jordan and called me Yao Ming b/c I'm Asian. They kept on trying to do And1 crap (traveling like crazy) but I would just post them and school them :p

hahaha, but man, do I suck at basketball.