What did you eat before taking morning MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starbucks chai latte and morning bun. Well, actually, that's what I wanted to eat, but I was too nervous to actually manage more than a bite or two.

Same thing for my interview. Forget Wheaties, Starbucks is the Breakfast of Champions. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
--Oatmeal about an hour before the test
--I put a protein bar + banana + a powerade + bottle of water in the locker to snack on/take sips of during breaks

i hate nothing on purpose.

i drank a guayaki.

edit: i'm going to leave that freudian slip.

steel cut oats is a bitch to cook, but is amazingly good (i heard jamba juice started putting these on their menu, i still have to try one) + granola + walnuts + cinnamon + brown sugar. Tastes great and its good for you.

glass of skim milk.

2 boiled eggs.

A papaya and some orange slices.

I'm a firm believer that a proper diet and exercise regime can work wonders on cognitive abilities. Everytime i eat a meal heavy in grease, or overabundant with carbs, i get groggy and need to take a nap afterwards- probably not a good idea for the mcat.

don't switch things up from how you normally function.
Best advice ever. :thumbup:

I have a long and inglorious history of GI distress during high-stress exams, so I was extremely careful with all of my food intake for the week leading up to the MCAT, only eating foods that I know I can digest well and won't have issues with. For test day, I packed a lunchbag of healthy snacks and was planning to have a nice moderate breakfast and a leisurely morning relaxing before the noon test time.

But then nothing went as planned. Early on test morning I was woken up by a phonecall from work for a very critical system outage. I spent all morning working furiously on that in a cold sweat and didn't even have time to eat breakfast or even brush my teeth or hair. I fixed the down system just in time and ran out the door to the test center, stopping for a latte and two brownies from a coffee shop on the way.

I spent all of the test breaks cramming water and frantically nibbling on brownies like a rabid squirrel. Thankfully everything went fine, but I really don't recommend this strategy! :eek:

There was, of course, a sushi blowout for dinner. :D

2 hard boiled eggs, oj, cup of strong coffee, raspberries and black berries.

a bowl of cereal with almond milk and i brought a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat for breaks as well as some reduced fat cheese-its and an apple. oh, and a diet coke :D

When I did my practice tests I drove to my school library and took them there at the same time I was going to do the real thing. Each time, I went to IHOP first and I found that I felt the best during the test when I had pancakes. So I had pancakes before the real test too.

I took the noon test and ate a subway meatball sub beforehand, it was like sawdust in my mouth b/c i was nervous but I pretty much just force fed it to myself.

Seemed to work well

I probably did exactly what you're not supposed to do... but it worked for me!

Toast with Nutella, glass of milk for breakfast. And I took those bite-size candy bars and ate one during each break. Sugar to the rescue!