What did you guys do to get accepted into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dream to be a doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What extra curriculum would you recommend me that I should be involved with?
Were you involved with sports, too?
How many med schools did you apply and by how many of them were you accepted by?
Do you sometimes regret that you chose to be a doctor?
How many people usually fail out of med school? I heard that med school graduation rate is over 90% is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

Used the search function

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do what you love, do some volunteering in an area that you find fulfilling, get good grades, and as dr. Death pointed out, browse around for a general sense of advice on these common topics. It's a long road but it can be fantastic if you find your niche.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Do what you love, do some volunteering in an area that you find fulfilling, get good grades, and as dr. Death pointed out, browse around for a general sense of advice on these common topics. It's a long road but it can be fantastic if you find your niche.

Okat thank you!

Also, welcome! There's great advice to be had here, I wouldn't be in the position I am now without the help of SDN. Be your own advocate, do your research, and feel free to ask questions if you can't find answers already posted.

S

Last edited:
Jumped through so many hoops that I could have tried out for the Olympics

I took the initiative to use the search function to find the answer to my questions instead of posting a new question every few hours.

The best thing you can do is go to the What are My Chances subforum and just read as many threads on there as you can. Every person will list what kind of ECs they have, you are bound to find some stuff that clicks with you.

I sacrificed a goat last year. It didn't work so this year I was thinking promising by firstborn to Cthulhu

Reactions: 2 users