what did you use for general chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRock310

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
should i just use kap?

i have the destroyer questions but wanted to go through something to "re-teach" myself the material first before i moved onto the questions.

i was using Princeton Hyperlearning MCAT but i just dont know if that's TOO much detail?

opinions, please. :D

Members don't see this ad.

should i just use kap?

i have the destroyer questions but wanted to go through something to "re-teach" myself the material first before i moved onto the questions.

i was using Princeton Hyperlearning MCAT but i just dont know if that's TOO much detail?

opinions, please. :D

If you want to re-teach yourself and review the topics, KAPLAN should be sufficient. However, after learning those topics, you need to focus on destroyer and do every single problem numerous times just to reinforce the key concepts.

Good Luck:thumbup:

If you study the solutions to destroyer you should be fine without Kaplan. The solutions teach you the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol Im pretty sure he wasnt kidding he was talking about getting percentages of stuff between isotopes and atomic weight n stuff. lol

I read Kaplan BB for Gchem and it didn't do much for me. If you can read it in a few hours go for it and then get out your textbook and start on the Destroyer problems. It has significantly boosted my scores on Kaplan practice sections for the online part of the class. I much prefer learning through doing practice problems.

Sit in on a physical chemistry course at your college. It's like gen chem minus the intro to chemistry (periodic table/octet rule/etc). I took it senior year as a biochem major (I got B's in gen chem and honestly didn't learn anything), and it re-taught me gen chem so well that I hardly studied that much and scored very, very well on my gen chem section.

I tell that to everyone in my university.