What differences exists between the "updated" MCAT 2015 Berkeley Review and their older versions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnicornDemon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It would seem that The Berkeley Review updated their Biology books I & II for the new exam, as well as their Organic Chemistry I & II books. If you go on their website, you'll find the words "Updated for the new exam," written in parenthesis next to these books. Here's the link: http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html

I bought the 2013 versions of these books this summer, as The Berkeley Review themselves claimed that no updates would be necessary given that the then current (2013) versions of the books already covered all of the newly tested 2015 MCAT material. Apparently they were lying. But I digress.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows what differences exist between the updated, 2015 versions of these review books and the older versions published in 2013. Have any significant changes been made?

Members don't see this ad.

It would seem that The Berkeley Review updated their Biology books I & II for the new exam, as well as their Organic Chemistry I & II books. If you go on their website, you'll find the words "Updated for the new exam," written in parenthesis next to these books. Here's the link: http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html

I bought the 2013 versions of these books this summer, as The Berkeley Review themselves claimed that no updates would be necessary given that the then current (2013) versions of the books already covered all of the newly tested 2015 MCAT material. Apparently they were lying. But I digress.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows what differences exist between the updated, 2015 versions of these review books and the older versions published in 2013. Have any significant changes been made?
They haven't lied you can check on this forum and see numerous of people used their older books and do well on the exam .. As for how different they are, The bio I and II books aren't much different . Their psychology book looks great, their orgo I books likes mostly the same . Its th orgo II books you see most of the change ... TLDR the books you have are fine save your money and good luck studying

Reactions: 1 user
They haven't lied you can check on this forum and see numerous of people used their older books and do well on the exam .. As for how different they are, The bio I and II books aren't much different . Their psychology book looks great, their orgo I books likes mostly the same . Its th orgo II books you see most of the change ... TLDR the books you have are fine save your money and good luck studying

Thanks for your input, this is is good news :) By the way, I did try to search this forum but only found a couple posts comparing the old and new versions. They also said that the Bio. books are mostly the same, but that the Orgo. books changed quite a bit. From what I understand, the Orgo. books are simply taking a lot of the same organic chemistry material found in the old books and more often utilizing it in biomedical settings, with many passages updated to involve topics in medicine.

Anyways, bumping this thread to see if anyone else has input comparing 2013 or older versions with the updated, MCAT 2015 versions of the Berkeley Review.

Reactions: 1 user