deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
Mashed potatoes and dessert have already been vouched for by other guests.

About the Ads

pathdawg

15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Visit site
Status
beary said:
Do Democrats and Republicans have different Thanksgiving traditions? :confused:

Yes they do. Republicans call Thanksgiving wine "Jesus Juice" and lament why those crazy "Liberal Activist Judges" don't just let them complete their transformation of America into a Theocracy. They then finish their turkey and during desert, complain that those who criticize the war are "treasonous", "Un-American" and not "supporting the troops". Then finally, while watching football, they compare the NYTimes to the Daily Worker.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Cabbage Head

And what is that rule?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2005
Status
pathdawg said:
Yes they do. Republicans call Thanksgiving wine "Jesus Juice" and lament why those crazy "Liberal Activist Judges" don't just let them complete their transformation of America into a Theocracy. They then finish their turkey and during desert, complain that those who criticize the war are "treasonous", "Un-American" and not "supporting the troops". Then finally, while watching football, they compare the NYTimes to the Daily Worker.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
i have a cabbage for a head

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
My dilemma with giving wine is that I know what I like - that doesn't necessarily mean I want to force it on others. Plus, I'm driving :p

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
counting a bone marrow somewhere near you
Status
Resident [Any Field]
pathdawg said:
Oh my gosh!! This is exactly what my family does for Thanksgiving every year! :p

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
A bright idea struck me (all that time spent walking to and from the blood bank...). Problem solved. Case closed.

Brian Pavlovitz

give me that marrow!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
beary said:
Do Democrats and Republicans have different Thanksgiving traditions? :confused:

PS Brian, I'm a Republican, and I :love: wine! :)

I'm a Democrat, and I'll share wine with you any day!! :)

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
beary said:
Well, what is it?
So did I scare you away, beary? ;) You're probably thinking "fish sauce with turkey, YUCK!"

I'm not usually this exotic - but when called upon, I try to please.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
I realize that. I am a good host. I would NEVER make you eat turkey with pineapple in it or on it.

DarksideAllstar

you can pay me in bud
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2001
West of the Haight
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
yaah said:
Democrats tend to share whine more than they share wine.
I am pretty sure that "whine" is shared equally on either side of the political spectrum, so frequently, in fact, that it prevents anything from being accomplished.

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status
Attending Physician
UCSFbound said:
I am pretty sure that "whine" is shared equally on either side of the political spectrum, so frequently, in fact, that it prevents anything from being accomplished.
Very true. Whoever the party in power currently is, that party is generally characterized by condescension. The party not in power whines. In 1993 the Republicans were the whiners.

About the Ads