What do I do about all the secondaries I did last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jzeidenb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as a reapplicant, I'm getting alot of scondsry prompts for the second time. What do I do about these questions? Do I change them and risk the perception that my answers are fluid and unsincere? Or do I keep my answers the same and risk adcoms thinking I put no effort into the process?

Obviously questions like way haven learned from experience x I can just add a paragraph to, but what about questions such as "descrbe my motivation to become a physician" or "what does a life in discovery mean to you"? How do I possibly change anything here without looking fake ( I even thought my essays here last year were good), and at the same time not make them look down on mr for copying and pasting?

Members don't see this ad.

well, from the way rosalind franklin worded their instructions, it seems like it would be perfectly fine if you as a reapplicant submitted the same essay.

anyone else have any suggestions, my post got bumped way down because of people concerned with their ninja gpas.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a re-applicant myself, I wonder the same questions. I think Adcoms put in very little time looking at each application, especially schools getting 10,000+ apps every year. I doubt they'd thoughorly compare your two essays. As for what motivated you to be a dr., add on what you're doing this year and how that's reinforced your decision. Why you want to go to their school? Unless it's a revolutionary new program I think you can copy and paste from last year. Just my 2 cents.

I plan on rewriting the majority of the secondaries. Not a complete overhaul, but just enough so that they notice that there are some changes in there...kinda sucks because I thought the ones from last year were pretty darn solid.

anyone else have any suggestions, my post got bumped way down because of people concerned with their ninja gpas.

NOT ninja gpas, NPAs.

God, get it right. You won't last two minutes in a shogun war.

I referbished some of mine. I rewrote some that made me feel like an idiot when I reread them.