what do i do to work in europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ouzo1821

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. just wondering if there was anyone out there who can give me some direction as to how to go about working in europe after dental school. do i have to complete a residency in the states?

Members don't see this ad.

you need to have a dental license to skip school parts in Europ, or you just have to start from the dental school in Europe. Each country has its own rules, if it is a country in EU, you are generally allowed to practice in other countries in EU ( may have conditions )
some countries, unfortunately require that you have the nationality to practice dentistry in their country...

hope it helps

okay but does this mean the residency has to be completed in the united states? and what about the boards? do the boards have to be retaken (or an analog of them) in the language of the EU country?
What exactly is required of a student to become a licensed dentist?
1.ndbe 1
2. ndbe 2
3. that 2-day competency where ADA comes (forgot the name of it)
am i missing anything else ????

very strange. I posted a reply message, but didn't see IT on the board.

I was wondering why you wouldn't go directly to a dental school in Europe. THe tuition is outrageous here in US, and the quality of education isn't better, if not worse compared to Europe. If you don't have a degree of the country you want to practice in Europe, even after you succeed in all licensing exams, you might still not get the license eventually... ( THe commission will decide if they want you to or not)

the DDS here, what you mentioned were all correct, except that the last part is up to the regional Dental board, not ADA. Only part I and Part II are under ADA

tell me what you are planning, maybe I can help more

hope this message doesn't vanish again