What do I need to know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Wink

MSII
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a few interviews coming up, and I was wondering what types of things I should really have a firm grasp upon for each school? I feel like there is soooo much on the schools websites. Any anecdotal advice from people that have interviewed, and what they wish they would have known beforehand would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I generally find 3 things that I love about the school, also known as reasons why I want to attend that particular school.

These things can easily be found on the school websites, you just need to be able to talk about them well enough.

Curriculum, research opportunities and extracurricular activities are a few of the things I've talked about.

As long as you sound genuine and show that you want to be there, you should be fine. Good luck!

If the school is branding itself unique for xyz reason, then those reasons are usually good to know about!

Members don't see this ad :)
I generally find 3 things that I love about the school, also known as reasons why I want to attend that particular school.

These things can easily be found on the school websites, you just need to be able to talk about them well enough.

Curriculum, research opportunities and extracurricular activities are a few of the things I've talked about.

As long as you sound genuine and show that you want to be there, you should be fine. Good luck!
+1
to piggyback, I would select at least one thing that appeals to you/fits your goals from each of these categories, and be ready to tie it to your values, past experiences, and future plans, during and after med school.

Size and quality of the rec center or gym

Reactions: 1 user