What do MCAT proctors do to people who cheat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apples_gary

Apples
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
apples_gary said:

I think it depends on the nature of the cheating. If you use a cheat sheet or something they'll probably void your test and send a notice to AAMC. Basically, you won't be able to take the MCAT, which means no medical school.

From my MCAT experience, it appears that their primary concern is the security of the test itself. They count individual booklets after each section. If any page is missing they go into "lockdown" until they find the missing page. If your cheating involves removing or photographing the test you might face prosecution.

Do you really want to find out?

gapotts2003 said:
They will shoot you with a high powered rifle on the spot... And then yell out "ANYONE ELSE?"

The only thing funnier than imagining that is imagining Groundskeeper Willy (from the Simpsons) doing that.
-Dr. P.

There's actually a hungry, 15 foot alligator kept on a chain in the front of the room.

I have a feeling you REALLY don't want to get caught cheating on the MCAT. I can only imagine what that would do to your prospects.

RokChalkJayhawk said:
There's actually a hungry, 15 foot alligator kept on a chain in the front of the room.

I have a feeling you REALLY don't want to get caught cheating on the MCAT. I can only imagine what that would do to your prospects.

MMMMmmmm mcat cheaters taste yummy.

No kidding.... I wonder if anyone has even tried to cheat? B/c how dumb.

On that note, my fiance suggested I try to cheat, and if I get caught I should say I was just trying to prove how smart I was by being able to cheat.... riiiiiiight. I'm sure that'd work out REALLY well.

Members don't see this ad :)
most proctors don't get paid enough to care! :D

(if anyone plans to, let me know how it works out! :laugh: )

Last year's August exam--someone went back to the first prompt when they had finished writing the second early. The proctor ripped up both essays.

Darlaa said:
Last year's August exam--someone went back to the first prompt when they had finished writing the second early. The proctor ripped up both essays.

:eek:

apples_gary said:
I would imagine they hand him an application for barber college, because that's the only place he's going to get into after this.

Though if I were dean of a barber college, I wouldn't want a failed medical candidate at my school either. After all you need some basic medical competency to be a barber, too; those guys learn to use a straight edge razor on people's necks.

apples_gary said:
It's not really possible to cheat the MCAT, is it?

oh yes it is ;)

But considering AAMC's godlike powers over our lives, they could screw you harder than you can screw them.

theraball said:
I would imagine they hand him an application for barber college, because that's the only place he's going to get into after this.

Though if I were dean of a barber college, I wouldn't want a failed medical candidate at my school either. After all you need some basic medical competency to be a barber, too; those guys learn to use a straight edge razor on people's necks.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Darlaa said:

I thought they collected the first essay before you start writing the second essay?

I heard the proctors send you to a proctology lab for a year to be used as an anal probe training dummy for those med students who didn't cheat.

honestly...i don't see how one could even try and cheat on MCAT. there are about 15 different versions of the test!! i know this one guy that basically cheated his entire way thru his classes during his college years...but he ended up getting a 29 on MCAT's....9 PS, 11 VR, 9 BS, and he got accepted into 2 medical schools...one in state and one out of state.

everyone was shocked, and he swore up and down he studied...but there was also a rumor that he may have gotten a copy of the test before the exam day?? but then again, how is that even possible?!?! :confused:

i still don't think that guy deserved to go to med school...b/c i saw him with my own eyes, cheating with 4 other guys in physics class. how can someone like that have morals?! uggh...how pathetic...those people get in?! and here i am...still struggling...trying to get 30 and above... :mad:

VRK said:
honestly...i don't see how one could even try and cheat on MCAT. there are about 15 different versions of the test!! i know this one guy that basically cheated his entire way thru his classes during his college years...but he ended up getting a 29 on MCAT's....9 PS, 11 VR, 9 BS, and he got accepted into 2 medical schools...one in state and one out of state.

everyone was shocked, and he swore up and down he studied...but there was also a rumor that he may have gotten a copy of the test before the exam day?? but then again, how is that even possible?!?! :confused:

i still don't think that guy deserved to go to med school...b/c i saw him with my own eyes, cheating with 4 other guys in physics class. how can someone like that have morals?! uggh...how pathetic...those people get in?! and here i am...still struggling...trying to get 30 and above... :mad:

well you can;t cheat into becoming a good doctor. trust me if what you are saying is correct, this guy will have a very difficult life ahead of him. you on the other hand will become only stronger. keep it up, one step at a time, and it will pay off ;)

mcat_study said:
well you can;t cheat into becoming a good doctor. trust me if what you are saying is correct, this guy will have a very difficult life ahead of him. you on the other hand will become only stronger. keep it up, one step at a time, and it will pay off ;)

thanks mcat_study! hopefully it will pay off...b/c the ONLY thing that is holding me back from getting into med school at this point is the MCAT's! and even in the MCAT's?!?! is the VERBAL section!! ugghhh... :mad: but hopefully this time it will go much better!!!

--VRK

Probably can't do anything legally against you, but I'm sure they will never allow you to apply to a DO or MD school.

they make the cheater wear a Mr. Potato Head mask and sit in front of the room trying to distract everybody lol :D

gapotts2003 said:
They will shoot you with a high powered rifle on the spot... And then yell out "ANYONE ELSE?"
hahahaaha!!! i don't know why, but I find your comment really funny

ehhh... i figure the situation is getting hopeless....might as well shoot me!

they chloroform you, put a black hoodie on your head, put you in a windowless van and take you to a private location where you get tortured via kenny g music