What DO Schools allow In-State Tuition after first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What DO schools can you get In-state tuition after the first year and which ones do not allow it? It might be easier to start with the ones that don't allow you to have in-state tuition. I know WVSOM doesn't.

Members don't see this ad.

MSUCOM: You can effectively* pay in-state tuition for your fourth year if you do residency in Michigan; for the first three years you're out of luck other than scholarships. Another alternative is working in Michigan for a year preceding the start of school, but that's done pretty rarely.

*Details: The school will refund the amount paid over in-state tuition for the twelve months preceding graduation if you accept full-time employment in the state of Michigan after graduation.

MSUCOM: You can effectively* pay in-state tuition for your fourth year if you do residency in Michigan. For the first three years you're out of luck other than scholarships.

*Details: The school will refund the amount paid over in-state tuition for the twelve months preceding graduation if you accept full-time employment in the state of Michigan after graduation.
Thanks! I'm not interested in MSUCOM due to the extremely high tuition costs. Trying to see if any will give in-state after first year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm not interested in MSUCOM due to the extremely high tuition costs. Trying to see if any will give in-state after first year.
Totally understandable. Will be curious to see if anyone has good information for you. Since so many DO schools are private (and thus the same IS/OOS tuition) I doubt there are many, if any, such schools. A quick glance through the CIB demonstrates only 8 programs where IS and OOS tuition is discrepant.

Most DO schools are private therefore there's no difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Only 6 out of the 34 COMs are public. They are RowanSOM, WVSOM, OU-HCOM, OSUCOM, TCOM, and MSUCOM. I don't know if they allow you to switch to in-state tuition after first year though. You might wanna call them and ask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile